Schedules

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:02 pm

Hello,

I was wondering, how do you create schedules for npcs to follow? Something like every night at a certain time a certain npc will enter a designated interior and in the morning they will leave and go back outside.
Avril Louise

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:21 pm

I'm not really to sure on making an npc's travel through cells like walking through doors. If you wanted to do something you could use positioncell. Like right by a door so it seems as though they came from that door. You wouldn't even have to set a condition to check to see if pc is in same cell. Then set a condition using the global variable gamehour then setting different states for the npc to aitravel or for a certain time period if you wanted the npc will wander a certain cell for x amount of time until gamehour reaches a certain variable then you would set another condition ect ect. You should check out MSFD if you don't know how to write scripts. I'm a newbie i'm sure someone else might tell you more.
Scared humanity

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:33 pm

Thankyou
k a t e

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:39 am

That is a gigantic question in all truth.

Npc's in Oblivion run tons of packages that send them allover the place, going to all sorts of different cells, I recommend visiting the wiki and getting learned up on how to use ai packages. There is no scripting required for this, *normally*, just getting used to the system.

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Main_Page <-- once in, try searching keyword 'Packages'

Once you get the system figured out, it's pretty simple, and you can give an npc a life of their own just by giving them x number of ai packages that are set to run at different times.

More searching around in the wiki will reveal more info about the whole deal, and I dont remember, but Im sure there is at least one Ai package tutorial floating around in there too.

Good Luck to you :)
Emmi Coolahan

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:24 am

Check the section... ;)
Loane

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:13 pm

Yes, this is Morrowind, not Oblivion. :)

As for making NPCs walk around, you can use AiTravel to have them walk to a certain point (coordinates), then use PositionCell to get them to walk through load doors - NPCs won't use load doors, but you can simulate it by having them walk up to it, then moving them to a new cell. I don't know if there's a way to have an NPC activate an interior door (one that doesn't load a new cell), but you could probably put down an activator in front of it with a script that looks for the standing actor. If it's your NPC, the script will activate the door and send the NPC on its merry way.
Quick Draw III

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:07 pm

GetCollidingActor also works well for this situation.
LADONA

Return to III - Morrowind