Newb-ish Question regarding Crash

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:13 am

Hi all have been using the Construction Kit for a couple of days just getting the jist of everything, but one continuous problem I seem to be having is creating new Topics (talk) for use with NPCs. The kit always seems to crash whenever I select 'GREETING' from the drop down box and then right-click on the 'Info' window and select New.

The crash also seems to occur whenever I try editing dialogue that already exists. Can someone please shed light on this for me? Have tried searching around but found nothing -too- useful.

Another reason could possibly be that I am working from the wrong window.. Am a bit lost with dialogue on the whole, tbh!

Any help would be appreciated, Thnx :)
Killer McCracken

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:01 am

It's probably not only with greeting. It's probably the common bug with (realtek?) your sounddriver. Put some headphones or a microphone in your microphone input (the one in the back probably.) and see if it's fixed.
marina

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:07 am

It's probably not only with greeting. It's probably the common bug with (realtek?) your sounddriver. Put some headphones or a microphone in your microphone input (the one in the back probably.) and see if it's fixed.

Thnx for reply, unfortunatly I have just tried it again with my headphones plugged in (both front and back seperatly) and also with the Driver disabled but it crashed all 3 times. I have been trying all day to figure this out :(
Greg Cavaliere

Post » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:52 am

Ignore that, Thanks a lot Pronam! I had the headphones plugged in the wrong socket haha. Thanks again!
Alisia Lisha

Return to IV - Oblivion