any comments on "OC" and what they have been doing lately?

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:23 pm

@gamesas and specifically "Chris" as you seem to be the forum rep ...

first they try to pull the "FOOL" license from gamesas, then they announce more DLC for F3, then they announce that fallout: New Vegas is being done by obsidian ...

legal, legal, yes, yes ..... but do you have anything at all to comment on this?

I generally like obsidian, I'm just ... kinda .... pissed at this seeing as how the "OC" has irresolvable "issues" with your time line on "FOOL" but no "issues" with handing off the next main line fallout game to another company ...

*quick edit to clarify as you locked the other thread*

i don't want to discuss any other games from any other company's ... i want infos on V13 and gamesass standpoint. I'd like to know how things are going ( if they re still going ) and any other info you can throw at us like what parts of the game you have more or less set in stone. (I.E. we have decided on FPS VS 3rd person or we have decided to on a interface layout.) hay, "OC" ..... i got something for ya right here! _|_ (^.^) _|_

"MMO-RPG" = "Mass Market Oriented - Repetitive Profit Genera"
- damned things still svcked me in ...
Nathan Hunter

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:56 am

We are still working on V13. The project is moving forward. We've hired more people recently. I wish I could tell you what Masthead has shown us, but I'm not allowed. Bummer, it's really cool.

I cannot comment on anything to do with anything. Almost literally. ^_^

pax,
-Chris
Jynx Anthropic

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:25 pm

Like Chris stated, hang in there people!

It isn't over until either the game is completed or the judge speaks.
Vicky Keeler

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:48 am

:)

I'm really glad to hear it, after ....

<.<
>.>

..... that thing that happened .... i was kinda worried as the flow of infos sorta stopped.

well i for one am cheering for ya! fight the good fight so that we can fight the fun fight!

( so uhhh .... you still hiring? ) hay, "OC" ..... i got something for ya right here! _|_ (^.^) _|_

Elle H

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:06 pm

Thanks for that statement, we are praying all the time, y'know? =)
Melanie Steinberg

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:57 pm

The more I think about it the more I get excited to see what gamesas and Masthead are up to. I can't wait to see some of the initial artwork and see where this all lands someday. Go IPLY!
A Dardzz

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:18 am

If there is one thing you can do to support gamesas it would be buy their stock. Currently it is at .07 or .08 so if you have a couple hundred dollars you can give them now; you know they will produce a profit and you will see a return. If you are really hardcoe you will take a chance and help make V13 a great game. Im sure Fallout Chris is not allowed to tell you that.
Lucy

Post » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:30 am

would buying stock be buying stock from gamesas or from people who don't feel confidant in gamesas?

that said I'd love to but some but I'm kinda broke and unemployed!

so uhh ... that said ...

*cough*cough*

hay Chris you guys interested in someone with more imagination than education?!?!

^.^ hay, "OC" ..... i got something for ya right here! _|_ (^.^) _|_

Devin Sluis

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:10 pm

Sogi-ya,

If you want a job, apply for one. Although you will have to move to Irvine, California. Unless you already live in SoCal?

Game developers never take network engineers... lol

At least, I have not seen one yet.

Even if they don't have it posted, try it anyway or I guess you can apply for Tech Director or Webmaster. Beverly Hills tends to be expensive ... :)
Alexander Horton

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:17 am

Will these things be featuring guns? Maybe some textures?

More seriously, do you and the developers(Hey, have you heard of my new rock band?), have any plans, or thought of the possibility of releasing this game not under the Fallout name? Such as renaming, slightly editing, and removing some things? You can't copyright mutants after a nuclear holocaust and bomb shelters. I think it would be a shame for this game you've spent time one, and might be pretty good, to never see the light of day if these legal issues don't get resolved in a good way.

I think it's still all the old stock, so it's people who bought from them, most likely. It was going for super-ridiculously cheap awhile back, I don't think the heads of the company would be shelling off bits of power for those paltry sums.
Lauren Graves

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:11 pm

well gamesas HAS the license to develop this game under the fallout title ( god for bid some dumb ass judge .... )

as for the job I'm mostly screwing around: i don't live in SoCal, i have no real marketable training in the tech fields, and i am painfully aware that 90% of the requirements for landing a job with a game company is that you have worked for a game company before.

... god i would love to work at gamesas but unless the suddenly developer a "benevolence" policy where they take on and train people with more "spirit" than "skill" i know i wouldn't get past the doormat for all the gas money I'd be out driving across 2 states. hay, "OC" ..... i got something for ya right here! _|_ (^.^) _|_

Veronica Flores

Post » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:10 am

Personally I got very happy the day I heard about gamesas's project V13, and likewise I got very happy when I heard about Obsidian's Fallout: New Vegas.

Seeing the franchise in the hands of (some) of the original developers, although on two different arenas, is rekindeling my hope that we may experience the wonderful world of Fallout once (twice? thrice? etc) again.

I am looking forward to both of the games, and I hope they will be finished as planned.

Keep on trucking, gamesas! ---------------------
Best Regards
Daimyo
Jessica Phoenix

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:32 pm

This is a clever counter move on the Wendol's behalf. By collaborating with Obsidian and sharing resources to pump out another F and or if the Wendol do chose to make another Oblivion variant in the very near future, they will have in fact flooded the market with so much F related crap that when gamesas does release their MMO, its going to be at a time when the last thing the casual player or perhaps anyone is going to want to experience is more Fallout. Now that gamesas has fulfilled the first half of the time-line's terms, the Wendol's tactic is to now make too much of a good thing and spoil it for all of us. :? This is like a damn soap opera! The Wendol should just do the right thing and return the IP to gamesas and spend their energies doing what they're apparently better at than making Fs and that is bringing back Santa Barbara for the stay home moms or help CBS make a third season of Jericho for the working dads. - Only cowards hide behind monikers.
Sarah Edmunds

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:57 pm

These forums are for the discussion of gamesas games. Thanks!
Georgia Fullalove

Return to Othor Games