Definitive Collection Release

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:55 pm

I'd love to see a re-release of the previous games, all compatible with the latest hardware and operating systems, plastic PCCD-sized case and all. I just bought the new updated Starcraft Battlechest for XP/Vista and it's great. The community compatibility projects are nice, but it's not the same as the physical disc and box. Anyone else would support such a release?
chinadoll

Post » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:23 am

There IS the D2x-xl project of Diedel, which I also loved for its addings on the game... All you need will be Descent 2, and even Descent 1, if you want to play it.

Besides that, as I heard, they're already on sale, from THIS site?? Yet I don't know it is in plastic casing, hehe :mrgreen: DIVE, DIVE, DIVE, HIT YOUR BURNERS, PILOT!! (FreeSpace 2, The mission with the SF Mara fighter, Beginning...)
Auguste Bartholdi

Post » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:45 am

No, the links just redirect to amazon.com. Beside that, the ultimate collection isn't on the site, just Descent and Descent II as seperate items. A massive thank you to EA for:
- Producing great quality games time and time again
- Providing excellent technical support
- Never destroying any highly acclaimed studios for profit
- Never ripping people off
- Never wasting people's time
Emily Jones

Post » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:49 am

Think Tomb Raider Anniversary style. All 3 classic Descents with modernized graphics, especially remapped environments. That might make me happier even than Descent 4 would.
BaNK.RoLL

Post » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:23 am

That would be cool!! :D DIVE, DIVE, DIVE, HIT YOUR BURNERS, PILOT!! (FreeSpace 2, The mission with the SF Mara fighter, Beginning...)
Leilene Nessel

Post » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:17 pm

Think Tomb Raider Anniversary style. All 3 classic Descents with modernized graphics, especially remapped environments. That might make me happier even than Descent 4 would.

They could do that using the Descent IV engine when they've finished Descent IV. If any game deserves an anniversary edition, it's Descent. A massive thank you to EA for:
- Producing great quality games time and time again
- Providing excellent technical support
- Never destroying any highly acclaimed studios for profit
- Never ripping people off
- Never wasting people's time
yermom

Return to Othor Games