descent Books

Post » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:54 am

has anyone read one before? i cant seem to find any descent books anywhere in tucson, AZ. and i dont want to order any off ebay... well i guess my point is, are they any good and does anyone live close enough to tucson to know where to buy these or at least check them out at a lib? Image
Give us a D4 beta
Andrew Lang

Post » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:03 pm

I read the first one and thought it was pretty awesome. The author took some liberties with the original storyline but overall it was very well-written, and most importantly it felt like Descent. I haven't gotten around to finishing the other two, but they are probably just as good. I highly recommend them!

It would be nice if gamesas made Peter Telep's trilogy available on their website. It's gotten pretty rare.
James Shaw

Post » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:33 am

I've read all 3 and I'm not a fan. It might just be personal preference but they didn't really capture the feel of Descent for me. There were a few interesting plot points that were missing from the game, but overall i didn't have the best impression of the books.

I'm all for gamesas posting them online, but only because I support the spread of literature, not because I think the books are anything special.
Sara Johanna Scenariste

Post » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:10 am

i've got all three, and i'll admit, back in the day when d3 was new and there was a bunch of hype, i thought the books we're the best thing ever. obviously not like the games exactly, what are they gonna do, have a chapter for each level? probably a bit more exposition over the characters than necessary (less dramatic love-plot, more action...what, me a nerd?). the key reason i like the books is they've got all the lines from the game's storyline, very important!
carrie roche

Post » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:56 am

I started reading one of them, (equinox, I think) but put it down since it was shoddily written. If you're really a hard-core fan, then sure, look for them, but there is much better scifi readily available.
Melanie Steinberg

Return to Othor Games