D2 Questions (Pls read if you can help)

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:58 pm

1.) I'm trying to install D2 on my Windows XP, but it won't work. Everytime I try to install with Crazy High-Res videos it gives me an error about 'other-H.mvl'. If I understand correctly its a movie archive, but what can I do to prevent this stupid error?

2.) What the heck is the Evilbot? My Descent game idea: "Descent: Return of the Damned". (More info soon)
*No relation to anything in exsistence.Never going to be made into a Descent game unless gamesas is interested. (There's a better chance of the Thiefbot coming to life.)
Erich Lendermon

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:44 pm

You using the WIn95 install or the DOS install? Could be your mvre file is corrupted. Beta tester for:Descent 3 1.5 Patch, C&C Generals, Independance War 2,Starfleet Command 2,Settlers IV,Tzar,Allegiance,Starfleet Command (Alpha & Beta),MAX 2,Defiance
Gisela Amaya

Post » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:38 am

I tried running in Win95 compatibility and I'm trying to see if Dosbox can do it now. If Dosbox can't do it are there any other ways?

Still, does anyone know what the evilbot is? I saw a picture of him and never seen him. He's the green version of wingnut or the D2/D3 guidebot. My Descent game idea: "Descent: Return of the Damned". (More info soon)
*No relation to anything in exsistence.Never going to be made into a Descent game unless gamesas is interested. (There's a better chance of the Thiefbot coming to life.)
Justin

Post » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:48 am

The evilbot is a kamikaze bot. Doesn't shoots at you but it will make serious damage to your ship when it explodes. Although it's not seen through the main Descent 2 Mission, you may see it on some fan-made levels. You can also use it on your own levels. Visit my website: http://www.pumosoftware.co.nr
and my forums: http://3d-get.de/pumosoft/forum/
There you'll find info about Pumo Mines (my Descent2/D2X-XL mission & mod project)
Adam Kriner

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:44 pm

O.O Cool I might have to try that if Descent 2 will install with DOSBox? Is it legal for me to have Descent 1 and 2 on a flash drive?

EDIT: Can the Evilbot be found in 'Infinite Abyss' or 'Vertigo Series'? I own both of them. :D They're next on the install list.

EDIT: If my CD is corrupt how do I get a new one? I don't have to buy a new copy do I? My Descent game idea: "Descent: Return of the Damned". (More info soon)
Sheila Esmailka

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:15 pm

Well, the Evilbot is available for use even on the old D2 v1.0 (without expansions), but as previously stated, you won't see him on any parallax official mission (this includes also the Vertigo series). But if you really want to see it in action, i recommend you to make a small level on DMB2 (or DLE-XP, as you wish) where you can as many evilbots as you may wish! :D Visit my website: http://www.pumosoftware.co.nr
and my forums: http://3d-get.de/pumosoft/forum/
There you'll find info about Pumo Mines (my Descent2/D2X-XL mission & mod project)
Red Sauce

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:48 pm

Well I'm not playing any Descent 2 for right now.... I get the same errors in DosBox and then some with the robots and all the other files its supposed to leave me. So assuming the CD is corrupt what can I do now? If I remember right the game didn't mind running on a lower installation level, but I'm trying to make it so the game can run off my flash drive so I can play D2 wherever I want. My Descent game idea: "Descent: Return of the Damned". (More info soon)
Marie Maillos

Post » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:14 am

Install the game where ever you want. Then copy the install folder to your flash drive. It doesn't require registry entries to run. Beta tester for:Descent 3 1.5 Patch, C&C Generals, Independance War 2,Starfleet Command 2,Settlers IV,Tzar,Allegiance,Starfleet Command (Alpha & Beta),MAX 2,Defiance
George PUluse

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:40 pm

No thanks I'm a dude I don't need any purses. I guess I'm going to try installing on a different drive and see if that makes a difference. Flash drives are a little screwed up. I guess time will tell. Does anyone know if D3 has registry dependents? I'm upgrading from a 2 GB to a 8 or 16 GB flash drive soon and was thinking of having the whole collection with me. My Descent game idea: "Descent: Return of the Damned". (More info soon)
Jessie

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:14 pm

I have mine on a USB, but I can't get mine working. It will not allow me to configure my starting settings. You know, for graphics, sound, etc. A massive thank you to EA for:
- Producing great quality games time and time again
- Providing excellent technical support
- Never destroying any highly acclaimed studios for profit
- Never ripping people off
- Never wasting people's time
Yama Pi

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:47 pm

D3 has registry entires but there are not that dependant. You may just have to reset the settings before you launch the game. You could also export the keys and import them on the other PCs. Beta tester for:Descent 3 1.5 Patch, C&C Generals, Independance War 2,Starfleet Command 2,Settlers IV,Tzar,Allegiance,Starfleet Command (Alpha & Beta),MAX 2,Defiance
Maria Leon

Post » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:07 am

Alright but can anyone help me with my Descent 2 Issue, I've gotten a few replies none of which have really helped. Is there a way to not have to buy the game again if my cd is corrupt. Obviously there are no warranty appliables here, and even though D2 is as low as $2, we can't afford such things right now with the stupid economy.
Amelia Pritchard

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:22 pm

limewire. careful though, there are viruses Image
Give us a D4 beta
Brooke Turner

Post » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:42 am

Uggh... Torrents? Man those things are slower than a three-toed sloth. (Really slow....)

Alright I'll see what I can do. My Descent game idea: "Descent: Return of the Damned". (More info soon)
Veronica Flores

Post » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:35 am

then google limewire accelerator Image
Give us a D4 beta
Carolyne Bolt

Return to Othor Games