Evidence of decent 4?

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:03 pm

Hi,
So gamesas registered the rights to the descent title, but besides that is there any evidence that a fourth installment will go ahead (or is already a work in progress)
Sorry if I missed something obvious.
Killah Bee

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:51 pm

uh yeah. if u go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descent_4 ull get the latest info about it "When you learn to control your emotions and tame them, no matter what situation you're in, you will then truly become king."-Sonny, speaking to a young boy
Lalla Vu

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:52 pm

http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descent_4 here is almost the same page in Finnish translated by me! :lol: All we need is sisu, sauna and salmiakki... Hyv? Suomi!!
Justin Hankins

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:17 pm

http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descent_4 here is almost the same page in Finnish translated by me! :lol:

That small !!?? "When you learn to control your emotions and tame them, no matter what situation you're in, you will then truly become king."-Sonny, speaking to a young boy
Samantha Jane Adams

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:42 pm

http://fi.wikipedia.org/wiki/Descent_4 here is almost the same page in Finnish translated by me! :lol:

That small !!??

I said ALMOST. Do you understand finnish? :D All we need is sisu, sauna and salmiakki... Hyv? Suomi!!
Shannon Lockwood

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:58 pm

no, not really. i speak english (ofcourse :roll: ), urdu, and arabic oh and i can sing a song in finnish, german, european portugese, brazilian portugese, hebrew, and hungarian. :twisted: "When you learn to control your emotions and tame them, no matter what situation you're in, you will then truly become king."-Sonny, speaking to a young boy
A Dardzz

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:59 pm

gamesas said they have intention of continuing the Descent Franchise, but didn't confirm that they are DOING anything. So really, as far as we are concerned it's still varporware.

gamesas could, in theory, fold again if they do not maintain enough revenue to cover their over head. I'm not trying to be mean or a "nay sayer". It's just simple business; especially in this economy. It's not going to be easy.

On the positive side, the concept art on the Descent page is intriguing and a bit promising.

Too bad we were never given the "OK" to build a conversion mod on say the Crytek2 engine. There was an effort several years ago, but iirc, they planned on selling it. Now, I think that it's perfectly legal to make a mod not for profit. ...a LOT OF WORK ... but legal. Like the living legend mod for Mechwarrior.

Moderator? Input on this?
+++CAZZY

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:41 pm

I think here's clear evidence on the progress.

http://www.gamesas.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=586 If you are going to fight a war, do it efficiently, unremittingly, or don't do it at all--I'm not into ethics, I'm into efficiency.--Benjamin St. John "Descent" by Peter Telep
Stacyia

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:36 pm

You can sing a song in finnish? What kind of song? I understand finnish (naturally :D ), english (of course :) ), swedish (f?rst?s ;) ) and some german. All we need is sisu, sauna and salmiakki... Hyv? Suomi!!
Brentleah Jeffs

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:58 am

You can sing a song in finnish? What kind of song? I understand finnish (naturally :D ), english (of course :) ), swedish (f?rst?s ;) ) and some german.
Long time no see, DiamondClaw! I can sing 'In The Jungle' in finnish,german, brazillian portugese, european portugese, hebrew, arabic, and hungarian. I cant write it in any other language than arabic, though. :D "When you learn to control your emotions and tame them, no matter what situation you're in, you will then truly become king."-Sonny, speaking to a young boy
Tanya Parra

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:00 pm

oh and mrpringle, since i gave u the site address, you have to repay me by giving me bbq flavor mrpringle chips!

just kidding :D "When you learn to control your emotions and tame them, no matter what situation you're in, you will then truly become king."-Sonny, speaking to a young boy
Miss K

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:16 pm

You can sing a song in finnish? What kind of song? I understand finnish (naturally :D ), english (of course :) ), swedish (f?rst?s ;) ) and some german.
Long time no see, DiamondClaw! I can sing 'In The Jungle' in finnish,german, brazillian portugese, european portugese, hebrew, arabic, and hungarian. I cant write it in any other language than arabic, though. :D

"In the jungle" means "viidakossa" in finnish. I can tell you that finnish language may be one of the most difficult languages in the world but not for me: I'm a Finn!! :mrgreen: Do you know the location of Finland? All we need is sisu, sauna and salmiakki... Hyv? Suomi!!
Natalie Taylor

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:20 pm

This is certainly the truth. Instead of trying to do small projects first to generate some revenue... they assume that 75 million is magically going to appear for them to develop this HUGE fallout-esque MMOG. (in a market that is saturated with MMOs that are already established and have devout followings)

I can dig gamesas wanting to create something epic and awesome and super cool neato nerd heaven, and I fully support that idea. But after being sick for a long time you don't just jump out of bed and go run 5 miles. As such, gamesas needs to redevelop a base first. Re-establish its name in the gaming community buy creating the smaller sequels first. That way they'll reach out to a wider fan base and their name will pop up in all of the gaming magazines, websites and blogs more often. Then at that time they would be more likely to secure a loan for a larger project, or even perhaps, have more of the capital themselves from the revenue; which would mean less debt for the company. Less debt would drive up the stock prices and that is a good thing for company and the shareholders. Then, stock options would be a more appealing incentive to hire skilled and talented game developers to contribute to that epic project they wanna do. It's not rocket science....

As much as I love gamesas, it seems like ever since the late 90's they've tried to do everything the hard way. Image
Alexander Horton

Return to Othor Games