Descent to Undermountain

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:00 am

Posting this here since this game is based on the award winning Descent 3D engine

On the support page for Descent to Undermountaint all the mp3 audio files are dead links.

I know from doing many searches online that many people had problems getting this game to work. Quite a flamed title as well as many have said it is unplayable. Searching youtube on this game it looks like a few folks have gotten this game to play. I only imagine this is one of the reasons why (sorry) is added to the recent poll listing this game on the site.

Im not aiming for any extra support for this game title.
But what tricks and tips have any of you done to get this game playing?

Have a old system with the exact system specs or use Dosbox?
Sophie Louise Edge

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:49 pm

I got this game working in a DOS emulator in Linux.

Download Ubuntu. You won't be able to use it for a lot of modern games but it's installer will allow you to easily (and visually) install it along side windows.

After you install it you can click on system>administration>synaptic packager manager. Find whatever program you need, in this case DOS emulator, and it'll install it for you.

The only thing I use windows for anymore is gaming. Which you can do in linux if you've got the time and patience.... but windows is the easier way to go for that.

Everything else, such as banking, internet browsing, mp3 downloading... I use Linux for because you don't have to worry about spyware and virus since 98% of them are made for windows and the rest Mac OS. Image
CxvIII

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:09 pm

Mouse and sound works and everything 8-) Image
Christina Trayler

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:05 am

Cool! I'll second that many things are made easier by Linux... "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." -Rich Cook.
Racheal Robertson

Return to Othor Games