Descent: The Mechanical Nightmare

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:44 am

Okay, I'm planing a movie about the Descent series. 8-) The movie is called Descent: The Mechanical Nightmare. You can watch the trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6KerlT3GKk

If someone has ideas to storyline, you can tell me here. I'm pleased to hear them! ;) All we need is sisu, sauna and salmiakki... Hyv? Suomi!!
Chris Cross Cabaret Man

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:41 am

right on, bro. trailer looks a tad cheesey but i would love to see it. good luck!

idk how you wanna do this but recording a demo with other players and like have dialogue and voices would be the only thing i can think of.
again, good luck with everything :geek: Image
Give us a D4 beta
Antonio Gigliotta

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:05 am

i see we think alike, DiamondClaw...
Starring:
Bruce Willis as the Material Defender
Patrick Stewart as Samuel Dravis
Katelyn Harper...um, we'll figure out the rest of the cast later...
The first part of the movie would be prologue and how the mines' robots mysteriously get infected, maybe a little background on MD and the "humans first" campaign, might serve as good motive and tone later. :)Probably a short portion of the movie would cover D1 and D2 (blowing up all the mines), with the rest about D3 since that's where most of the storyline is. Of course, the movie doesn't have much of a conclusion until D4 comes out...
Prue

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:24 am

Umm. I think Bruce would be a bit too old to be the Material Defender. Patrick Stewart is not a bad choice, but I have noticed that Eero Hein?luoma (Finnish MP, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eero_Hein%C3%A4luoma) looks a lot like Samuel Dravis. :lol:
Katelyn Harper... She would be played by Sigourney Weaver! All we need is sisu, sauna and salmiakki... Hyv? Suomi!!
[Bounty][Ben]

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:28 am

Holy crud, he does as well!

I was thinking about this last night actually (actors for a Descent movie). I thought that someone like Karl Urban or Collin Farrel would make a good MD. For some reason I thought of Kate Mulgrew (Captain Janeway, Star Trek Voyager) as Katlyn Harper, possibly because I've just blasted through all seven seasons again. I also thought of Patrick Stewart for Dravis as well. Meh, I can't cast people at all.

EDIT: Speaking of all of this, who actualy does the voice acting for the characters? I'd go look but I'm too lazy to find out, and I don't have D 1&2 ( :x ) to see if any of the voice actors changed. If anyone wouldn't mind posting them up here I'd much appriciate it! A massive thank you to EA for:
- Producing great quality games time and time again
- Providing excellent technical support
- Never destroying any highly acclaimed studios for profit
- Never ripping people off
- Never wasting people's time
Danger Mouse

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:04 am

Here is the link to Descent 3 in IMDB. it has the cast list
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0166568/
Jade Payton

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:03 pm

If you want people that look like Dravis, check out Australian comedian John Clarke. He's the spitting image!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhZK2KFV8SU Do any of you know the tale of how cornmeal came to be?
Neither did the miller when he left his house that morning!
xx_Jess_xx

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:32 am

I've uploaded a new trailer of Descent: The Mechanical Nightmare on YouTube. You can watch
the trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teq1SmCd2w4

Hope you like it... :roll: All we need is sisu, sauna and salmiakki... Hyv? Suomi!!
Poetic Vice

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:59 pm

George Del Hoyo did the voice acting for Descent 2; not sure about Descent 3

*Edit* Ok just checked, he did D3 also. The cool thing is that he's an actor too (played as Death in another miniseries on TV), so he might be down with playing as a merc lol
Crystal Birch

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:15 am

Oh god! idont want to just stop at D$! i waz hoping that we might have a D5, and d6 d7 d8 d9 d10 d11 d12.... "When you learn to control your emotions and tame them, no matter what situation you're in, you will then truly become king."-Sonny, speaking to a young boy
Liv Brown

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:09 am

hey diamond claw, u r animating the whole thing, right? me and my friends like to animate stuff, so can we shift over to ur idea? "When you learn to control your emotions and tame them, no matter what situation you're in, you will then truly become king."-Sonny, speaking to a young boy
Bryanna Vacchiano

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:27 am

Hey, that sounds great!! But I don't have much time to create 3D models because I'm too busy. All we need is sisu, sauna and salmiakki... Hyv? Suomi!!
Rob

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:40 pm

Wow! What a great idea. A Descent movie would be incredible but also incredibly expensive to do it right. I'd be first in line to see it though. :mrgreen:
Janette Segura

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:36 am

Do you like the name of the movie? :roll: Hmm... I should apply some kind of funding for this project... All we need is sisu, sauna and salmiakki... Hyv? Suomi!!
Alina loves Alexandra

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:44 am

Do you like the name of the movie? :roll: Hmm... I should apply some kind of funding for this project...
all i need is a flash tool. my 2 friends are exellent in animation, my other friend does basic animation and is involved in the copyright and stuff. I write and edit my work. This is all acomplished with 3 ppl including me! we're still in high school, so it might take some time. but we can still do it. anyway DiamondClaw, if u want, u can giv the story to me and i'll finish it for u. WHEN it is finished, we'll include ur nickname (DiamondClaw, right?) in the credits. and the movie will be FREE. "When you learn to control your emotions and tame them, no matter what situation you're in, you will then truly become king."-Sonny, speaking to a young boy
Andres Lechuga

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:32 am

Um.. don't u tink that for 2011 that the quality is kinda ..low? "When you learn to control your emotions and tame them, no matter what situation you're in, you will then truly become king."-Sonny, speaking to a young boy
Causon-Chambers

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:50 pm

Do you like the name of the movie? :roll: Hmm... I should apply some kind of funding for this project...
all i need is a flash tool. my 2 friends are exellent in animation, my other friend does basic animation and is involved in the copyright and stuff. I write and edit my work. This is all acomplished with 3 ppl including me! we're still in high school, so it might take some time. but we can still do it. anyway DiamondClaw, if u want, u can giv the story to me and i'll finish it for u. WHEN it is finished, we'll include ur nickname (DiamondClaw, right?) in the credits. and the movie will be FREE.

Well I'm trying my best to write the script of "The Mechanical Nightmare" but now I'm too busy because I have to concentrate to my studying (I'm studying at upper secondary school). But when I have some spare time, I'll keep writing the script. I thought too that we have too little time for the project. It seems we have to change the day of promulgation. I already have some concept art so I can send to you. All we need is sisu, sauna and salmiakki... Hyv? Suomi!!
Patrick Gordon

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:45 am

ok sure u can send it to me at nullahflames@gmail.com "When you learn to control your emotions and tame them, no matter what situation you're in, you will then truly become king."-Sonny, speaking to a young boy
roxxii lenaghan

Post » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:07 pm

All that I really need is.. well... my 2 friends are good in animation, I write the stories, my other friend reviws and edits my work and does basic animation and modeling, and that is just with 3 people including me! All we need is an animation tool like flash and stuff. BTW DiamondClaw, if u want us to do it, we can , but because we r still in high school, it might take some time, but no poblem. U can give me what u wrote so far & i'll continue it for u. "When you learn to control your emotions and tame them, no matter what situation you're in, you will then truly become king."-Sonny, speaking to a young boy
Kelly Osbourne Kelly

Post » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:25 am

All that I really need is.. well... my 2 friends are good in animation, I write the stories, my other friend reviws and edits my work and does basic animation and modeling, and that is just with 3 people including me! All we need is an animation tool like flash and stuff. BTW DiamondClaw, if u want us to do it, we can , but because we r still in high school, it might take some time, but no poblem. U can give me what u wrote so far & i'll continue it for u.

I have written it in finnish. Translating the story to english may take some time...
And where we are going to release the movie? In YouTube? Do you have usernames in YouTube? I have a username: DiamondClaw1991. All we need is sisu, sauna and salmiakki... Hyv? Suomi!!
biiibi

Return to Othor Games