Star Trek: Klingon Academy 2?

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:52 am

Is there a possibility for a Klingon Academy 2? In my opinion besides from the story it was a great game, I enjoyed the multiplayer. I loved the set up, and it was very good, comparable to the Star Fleet Command Series.
Alisha Clarke

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:06 am

Not possible. gamesas no longer has the Star Trek license.

pax,
_Chris
yermom

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:00 am

That's a shame.... :cry:
Samantha hulme

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:18 am

haha, take a guess at who you think owns the license! :(
Tessa Mullins

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:24 am

william shatner?
Craig Martin

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:01 am

Klingon Academy was great, but there is one thing that no one has done (that I am aware of), even in a Star Trek game, where it would seem quite obvious - a multiplayer co-op starship combat simulator.

Klingon Academy had a "verbal order system" so ships sytems could be managed via menus while piloting, etc... but I've been waiting for a space game where there are different ship stations that a real human can occupy such as weapons, navigation, engineering, science, communication, and command. Teams of co-op players in one starship could combat teams in other starships. If players were not available for all stations, several could be handled by one player, AI, or a command based system as in Klingon Academy.

It doesn't have to be a Star Trek game, I just wonder why this has not been attempted.

Cheers
Lewis Morel

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:33 pm

It doesn't have to be a Star Trek game, I just wonder why this has not been attempted.

They could make a Freespace Academy. :) The Vault - Fallout Wiki * Fallout Online * Fallout IRC Channel * Fallout: New Vegas
TOYA toys

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:04 pm

Apparently that is (or was; the idea is in limbo) the idea for Star Trek: Online. Sounded pretty cool, but I haven't been on the forums in a long time, so I don't know what's happened recently. I might go have a look. A massive thank you to EA for:
- Producing great quality games time and time again
- Providing excellent technical support
- Never destroying any highly acclaimed studios for profit
- Never ripping people off
- Never wasting people's time
Crystal Clear

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:38 pm

Starfleet and Klingon Academy were EPIC. I'd love to see a new version of them based on the upcoming Star Trek film. It svcks that Bethesda also owns the rights to publish Star Trek :( Legacy was terrible. (when compared to SFC, or BRIDGE COMMANDER).

Starfleet Academy had so much potential yet sadly just didn't make it. Bridge Commander borrowed much from SFA, that was made by Activision however.
Chris Johnston

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:18 am

I loved the Academy series, I thought they were one of the best games of their time. Legacy was such a let down, I mean not only was one of its key selling points buggy as hell (real time damage) but that went out the window as soon as you patched the game! And the tech support that the gave you (if any) was terrible. I know the Star Trek licence is gone for good, but I am sure that an original space game would be good. Appart from X3: Terran conflict, I don't think there has been any major space games released. Sins of a Solar Empire was very poor, and just seemed thrown together at the last min. The Last decent space game appart from X that I played was the Homeworld Series.
JD bernal

Post » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:09 pm

Good news for you, THQ and Relic are rumored to be working on Homeworld 3. I'm pretty sure its going to happen.
Rachel Briere

Return to Othor Games