I am soo happy :)

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:28 am

Wow. gamesas! Just wow!
I stumbled upon this page by coincidence. My heart jumped as I saw the new web page. A sign of life! And this forum! gamesas is back! Or at least back on its feet - shaky, but with great perspective.

It is like reuniting with a long-lost friend again!
For me, a nostalgic player pissed off by new age dumbed down games, this is nothing short of a miracle :mrgreen:

PLEASE, do not screw this up.
The opportunity is great, the titles and the rights to those that you have have SO much potential.
So much, in fact, that I will now provide you, my fellow gamesas fans, with my thoughts on those :P :mrgreen:

First things first - Fallout. Sadly the rights had to be sold. Fallout has been sent to oblivion. However, if I'm not mistaken, the crew is back for the MMO. One advice from a hard core fallout fan: make the wastelands MASSIVE. We must not meet other players too often. EXCEPT on or near by established routes between towns/settlements. Though I'm not a fan of MMOs, i will give this a try. Simply because it's "By Gamers For Gamers" :) Btw you have to use that line again; I haven't seen it anywhere on the site.

Advice list:
- You need a subforum for Fallout games. Yes, you have lost the rights. However, do not forget the massive fanbase which will, by inertia, start gathering over here as soon as they become even more enraged tomorrow (28th). Fallout = gamesas, and for many this will never change. Use this to your advantage. Huge fanbase is crucial, start building it - you really shouldn't have any problems.
- Black Isle has to be re-established. Make it formal or informal, it doesn't matter for now. The name is a jewel in your posession. A diamond. Many find BI as one of the best gaming studios ever, myself included. This fact leads us to...
- Subforum for BlackIsle games. This needs no explanations.
- Kingpin is a HUGE potential. A well-developed sequel would mean a huge success, and a load of cash ;) Remember that in almost 10 years no other game has had similar atmosphere as that of Kingpin. I still play 1on1 with my friend over the net and HMG rules ;)
- Descent - not really my type of game, but many love it. It needs to be revived.
- Wasteland. You don't have to have the rights to the game to be involved with its development. I'm sure Brian Fargo is a reasonable man and certainly some kind of cooperation with inxile can be established. Especially when you remember inxile has had a few problems (no huge games if I'm not mistaken) and a big name like gamesas would surely give them a push.

Anyway... enough of my yapping. For now :)
In the end what I'd like to say is... welcome back gamesas, make us proud, and greets to all from Croatia, Europe :)
Zach Hunter

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:24 pm

You should have just posted this in the "Welcome Back" thread. I share your joy, however before you get lost in that bliss, let me remind you that gamesas is a publisher. The company may be back, but the developers are not (with a few exceptions of course). Also keep in mind that Black Isle Studios is not here. Without them Fallout is NOT Fallout. Parallax is not here either (Descent)

I know that many people identify their games with the publisher but bear in mind that it is the developer who actually develops those wonderful games....(Also never forget how gamesas screwed up BIS and the real Fallout 3) So the right approach would be to welcome gamesas back, but encourage "him" to rehire people and revive old developer groups, such as Black Isle.....
hannah sillery

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:36 pm

Yup your very right there, also Shiny Entertainment isn't here (Messiah and Earthworm Jim).
Christine

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:21 pm

man I freaking out too, this is soo awesome!!!!1!111!1111oneoneone1oneoneone
P.S. I didn't even read the original post, I just read the thread title
Sabrina garzotto

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:26 pm

yes I see, someone should make "bring back Black Isle" thread if there isn't one made yet. I didn't even think about BI but I makes sense.
P.S. sry for double posting
CArlos BArrera

Post » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:59 pm

Considering that there is no forum gives off a couple of I think good assumptions. They are indeed making the Fallout MMO. Currently the clues while obvious do not specificly state a Fallout MMO. Second if they were FAR off from announcing a Fallout MMO they would have put up the thread. Like there other game lines. Since there is no official announcement just clues and that it's not already up. This just comes up with a reasonable assumption that the official Announcement will be coming soon. However soon can be a few months in development time.
Matt Fletcher

Return to Othor Games