Fallout license

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:19 pm

Is gamesas currently in dispute with Bethesda regarding the Fallout MMORPG license?

I did not see any mention of gamesas and Bethesda any longer having a dispute about the license in the recent quarterly filing and I did not see anything to indicate that gamesas had lost the Fallout MMORPG license. This makes me think that gamesas is currently on track with fulfilling the obligations of the contract with Bethesda. Could someone from gamesas comment about whether or not gamesas is currently in dispute with Bethesda regarding the Fallout license and/or if gamesas has lost or given up the Fallout license?
Da Missz

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:59 am

Yes please just a "we are still working it out" or a " we are past that at this current time" would be great to hear.

Thanks
Tammie Flint

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:05 am

Well I guess that if Chris is still posting is because that the project is still in development, and maybe Bethesda has already gave up with the lawsuit. Image

Here's hoping for a Beatles-themed quest on V13.
Sarah Bishop

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:38 am

Nope, both gamesas and Bethesda have yet to settle the suit, unless it has just happened and has not yet been announced.
~Amy~

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:03 am

damn bethesda moneygreedy bast.... oooh im not saying anything >,>

But asfar as I know it is not over yet.

Just to set things straight. WHAT I HEARD: Bethesda bought the rights for fallout BUT not for the Online section wich means that gamesas can make an Fallout based MMO, but they have to show some progress for if there is no progress made in a Fallout MMO they will loose the rights for that one too, so know the suit is becouse bethesda claims that gamesas doesnt have a solid ground for MMO and are not working on it...

am i right?... this is like what i have been able to patch together from various places...

dont call me stupid or anything -.-' I just want to be clear on things Image
Chenae Butler

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:23 am

I don't think I would call Bethesda a money grubbing hungry beast, gamesas sold it to Behtesda for 5+ million and had some clause in it for a fallout mmo. Betheda also had a clause that said if you don't have enough funding by this time then you don't get jack bottom line. From the sound of this entire fiasco its hard for me to believe Betheda is in the wrong, if gamesas doesent have 30 million within 24 months of it being sigend (April 2007) then they are assed out.

Im sure a ton more details arent available to us but that seems pretty blatant to me. http://www.CyberneticPunks.com hardcoe Gaming Community
Brooke Turner

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:41 am

okelidokeli, always good to be updated ^^
Joie Perez

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:03 pm

I don't think I would call Bethesda a money grubbing hungry beast, gamesas sold it to Behtesda for 5+ million and had some clause in it for a fallout mmo. Betheda also had a clause that said if you don't have enough funding by this time then you don't get jack bottom line. From the sound of this entire fiasco its hard for me to believe Betheda is in the wrong, if gamesas doesent have 30 million within 24 months of it being sigend (April 2007) then they are assed out.

Im sure a ton more details arent available to us but that seems pretty blatant to me.

Uhh, you forgot some details, since Bethesda started to send everyone (well, essentially, everyone), that gamesas don't have the rights of Fallout anymore, they made the contract (which gave Bethesda the rights of the Fallout franchise but the original ones) void, giving gamesas yet again the rights for the entire Fallout franchise!

God I'm starting to think that I should study law, because of this! :D Image

Here's hoping for a Beatles-themed quest on V13.
hannah sillery

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:11 am

Say that again? It made absolutely no sense. http://www.CyberneticPunks.com hardcoe Gaming Community
chirsty aggas

Return to Othor Games