Some real news please

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:58 am

I dont know about anyone else but im beginning to feel like we are being taken for a ride.

When was the last time we got any real new out of gamesas about the fallout MMO. Even the announcement about masthead joining up was limited info.

Chris i appreciate you are limited by what you can say and reveal but at the end of the day i think we would rather be told that yes gamesas failed to keep the fallout mmo licence but we are proceeding with V13 as a post apocalyptic MMO. If you know who pushes the claim that you are in breach of the licence agreement they will bury you in legals and we wont get an gamesas anything mmo at all.

Dont get me wrong i want you to succeed but i want you to succeed at something even if its not Fallout.

After all its just a name and even if you know who take the name back everyone will always associate fallout with gamesas it cant be helped its permanently branded into the minds of fallout fans even most of the new fans have gone back to the source for more fallouty goodness why else would you have made top ten in PC Sales. It timed nicely with the final DLC release for the other and people went looking for more at the source and loved it even though it was old and told all their friends and now they know who birthed fallout and the other is only succeeding on the laurels of an engine from another title that was good using a name and an atmosphere created by someone else.

The same is going to apply here let them have Fallout MMO make V13 everything we expect it to be under a different name and you will get the old school Vault Dwellers and the new.

However If you keep feeding us nothing then even the most hardcoe gamesas/fallout loyalists will jump ship and swim for shore. Can only survive on just air and heresay for so long. We need to know the following.

Fallout MMO - Yes/No
V13 - Real Name ( call it "the day after" that movie rocked and i dont think it will take much to get a licence :)
BackStory - High Level Overview
Engine - Earthrise engine or something new

Give us something solid even if its bad news cause the saying No news is good news does not apply here. I may get flamed or this may get locked but im sure I am not the only one thinking along these lines.
James Baldwin

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:11 pm

I can't comment about any legal matters. Not won't, can't.

About the game itself... we're still keeping things quiet, but things have started to get locked down internally. We are making concrete decisions about game design, content, art, etc... Masthead has been sending us all sorts of character models, animations and other bits of art for our comments. They are able to produce an amazing amount of work in a short period of time. Unfortunately, I can't show what they are doing. I can't show what we are working on.

However, E3 is coming up and news announcements/press demos/etc are often made around that time. Let me be clear, I don't know what is going to be shown, what is going to be talked about, _if anything_, but this is a good time of year to hear new things. I do know that nothing will be released before E3.

You're not the only one who would like to get some real news about this project.

Oh, and it will be using the Earthrise engine. That news has been released, AFAIK.
Dj Matty P

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:02 am

chris, will pay for beta slots, just a heads up : P *The first time I saw a Deathclaw...well, now that's a story for a different day.*
Bryanna Vacchiano

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:26 am

the masthead beta or the FOOL beta? hay, "OC" ..... i got something for ya right here! _|_ (^.^) _|_

"MMO-RPG" = "Mass Market Oriented - Repetitive Profit Genera"
- damned things still svcked me in ...
Jonathan Egan

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:35 pm

why the FOOL beta of course.
steve brewin

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:24 am

I find your lack of faith ... disturbing.
leigh stewart

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:46 am

*shakes rope*

lynch the traitor! hay, "OC" ..... i got something for ya right here! _|_ (^.^) _|_

Sun of Sammy

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:56 am

got a date on when your E3 presentation will be? i keep trolling the gamespot coverage but all i see is crap I'm not really interested in and I'm not entirely sure gamepsot wont skip what you got to say due to marketing conflicts. hay, "OC" ..... i got something for ya right here! _|_ (^.^) _|_

Rhiannon Jones

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:26 pm

The E3 demos have been private so far. I don't think any are scheduled for the press.

pax,
-chris
Angus Poole

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:50 am

Booooooooooooooooooooooo!

*deep breath*
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

*pants*

OK i understand ..... i hope all that can see are suitably impressed. hay, "OC" ..... i got something for ya right here! _|_ (^.^) _|_

Rachell Katherine

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:23 am

So, how much does one have to pay to have a private viewing?

Do you have a group discount rate?

I think a few 1000 fans would be interested to know and maybe a few 100 of them could afford it.

:lol:

Dave Chase
Eve Booker

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:58 am

So - did anything actually get released during E3, or will we have to wait for some time still? :) ---------------------
Best Regards
Daimyo
Claire Mclaughlin

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:29 am

A demo was shown to private parties. Nothing was released for the public.

I asked about releasing some "real news" and was told a date. The date I was given is not incredibly soon, but it's not far off, either.

pax,
-Chris
james tait

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:10 am

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

so did you sneak in on other peoples booths and snag freebies? hay, "OC" ..... i got something for ya right here! _|_ (^.^) _|_

Tyrone Haywood

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:54 pm

*cry* Unfortunately, I did not get to the show. Too busy with the demos. I had to live vicariously through the Internet news. I've been to 8 E3s, so it's not like I missed all that much... ^_^

pax,
_Chris
lillian luna

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:36 pm

can anyone leak a video pls? So youre telling me FO3 is better than the first two? Okay i respect your opinion. Can we step outside for a sec?
Amanda Furtado

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:28 pm

Holding my breath until we hear something else then. ---------------------
Best Regards
Daimyo
A Dardzz

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:45 pm

Ooooh a riddle. Hmm let me think.

*ponders, gets bored, wanders off, comes back, ponders some more*

well, not incredibly soon, so not this month, and prolly not next month, but not far off, so before this time next year. September seems too soon, but new years could do it. But i sure hope i'm being too conservative on that guess. *The first time I saw a Deathclaw...well, now that's a story for a different day.*
Sarah Bishop

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:00 am

I am guessing the "date" has to do with "real news" though and nothing release related per se.

Perhaps we will get some info during the summer then ...

Looking forward to every tidbit we can get ;) ---------------------
Best Regards
Daimyo
claire ley

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:07 am

I would just like to echo everyone else in this thread. I've been a huge fan, and am really looking forward to playing a new -gamesas- Fallout game, so anything to keep us hyped up would be awesome! I was really glad to hear you guys got a contract working with Masthead Studios, and I hope all the development pans out. A lot of games these days just seem to lack the charms of the gamesas Fallout IP of days past.

Thanks for your time Chris, it's much appreciated.

-Emmett
Kayla Bee

Return to Othor Games