What kind and variety of vehicles in V13?

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:30 pm

I was thinking, in fallout you hear mention of steam trucks and you see all the broken down vehicles. In fallout 2 you get the car and you see more broken down wrecks, the boats, tanker, mention of a sub, and the vertibirds. In Tactics you get all those vehicles and more wrecks. And 3 is pretty much the same except the mobile base and the subway. Are there going to be vehicles in the MMO and if there are what kind of vehicles will you be able to have? Also if there are going to be vehicles what kind of variety will there be?
Glu Glu

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:44 pm

I am sure that there will the good old LPC's (Leather Personnel Carriers or boots )

And I would hope that maybe there would be
Horses,
Brahama,
Carts (pulled by the above like the Caravans)

Dave Chase
evelina c

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:47 pm

Horses are really, really non-fallout. Brahmin on the other hand, I don't think you could just saddle up and ride on them, better if you had to have a cart like the caravans in Fallout 1 and 2.
Lily Something

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:26 pm

Did I say horses, sorry, I meant Hoovers

Its a cross between a horse and wolf and boy do they move fast.
But you have to watch that front end. It has a tendency to like fresh meat.

Dave Chase
louise tagg

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:11 pm

I guess the car since it was wonderful to have in Fallout 2, but other than that I don't see how any other vehicle might work in PV13, since everything that I think about just doesn't seem like it would seamlessly work.

... Then again, it would be so freaking awesome to fly across the wasteland in a Vertibird :shock: War... War Never Changes...
Ana

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:09 pm

I would like to see cars and more heavy things like tanks like in fallout tactics... just dont make them common.... really make them really really really rare... in fallout 2 there only is one known working car... none in fallout 1 :/ Image
Andrea P

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:51 am

Well i think old technologyes would fit well, like steam trucks and stuff. Also if youre a trader you could have a cart to carry stuff in!
Cathrin Hummel

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:46 pm

How about a company that runs the subway? I would like that, and a quest could be stealing the train! Oops, getting a bit off-topic here.

I would like a motorcycle, or a bike, maybe a car, but that wouldn't look like Fallout, I'm sure the design team will have an answer to this. Image

Here's hoping for a Beatles-themed quest on V13.
NO suckers In Here

Post » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:00 am

The first vehicle in the game should definitly be a rusty bicycle as its relatively low maintenance and no fuel cost.

One of the main problems with procurring transportation in the Fallout Universe is the lack of fossil fuels available in the wastes makes most vehicles in-operable. In Fallout 2, the Car "the Highwayman" was one of the few electric cars available right before the bombs fell. However there are alternate forms of transportation and fuel. Bio-diesel is made from a variety of different organic plant matter such as corn or soy bean, there is even a process now to convert algae into diesel. I'm sure the super-science of the fallout universe can come up with some kind of mutant super-algae to turn into fuel.

Alternatively, an electric car could also be used for the game, and while the highwayman was rare before the bombs fell, the electric car has always had a niche for itself on Golf-Courses. The problem with the electric car is the range, as there is no infrastructure to support recharging. The highwayman could accept various power loads from whatever electrical sources were out there, but a golf cart would probably catch fire if you hooked up the wrong power source.
danni Marchant

Return to Othor Games