Spin-Offs, or 'How Destroy an Original Idea'

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:07 pm

It seems that spin-offs are the new in thing today, they have begun making a comeback. As original ideas begin to show their age, what better way to reinvigorate their ailing popularity than to introduce a series based off one aspect of the product!

This train of thought of course didn't just park itself in the station, it was brought on by some bad.. bad news. The Other Company(tm) has decided to copyright the idea of a Fallout TV spinoff series. http://kotaku.com/5216848/fallout-tv

Spin offs have inheirently been a bad idea, with a "good" spin-off being few and far between (Fraiser to name one). So I challenge you to come up with as many QUALITY spin-offs as you can think off(meaning NOT Joey).

Ready... GO!
stacy hamilton

Post » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:19 pm

I know you want good spin offs but agreed there are few which I cant remember right now. It's funny though cause after reading the link you proved you see a fellow posting a comment stating,

"This would be so f***ing awesome. The kind of satirical humor and violence in Fallout really needs to be shared with the rest of the entertainment mediums."

I truly hope this guy was using some very strong sarcasm here because this isn't by any means going to be an gamesas television production :lol:

The other named company definitely lost it for the worst if they make it into Television. And further proving a weak company thriving on just a name from a certain series of works from someone else :mrgreen:

The "Something wind : old people notes" game play is failing slowly and the other named company is too proud to move on to new innovations despite their greatly glorified mouths of stating otherwise because their minor update a graphics engine. Image
I told the Overseer of Vault 13 I'd give everything to save everyone, and so I did, I saved them all. Since then I've felt loneliness.
Jonny

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:12 pm

Please don't reference Bethesda by any name. This is not their forum and we would like to stay focused on what gamesas is doing.

The forum rules do not allow negative comments about other companies, products or forum members.

If you'd like to be negative about gamesas and/or our games, that's fine as long as it is constructive criticism.

Thanks!

pax,
-Chris
Jessie Rae Brouillette

Return to Othor Games