How to test a high level script?

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:35 pm

I'm attempting to under take something I really have no business trying at this point, but I can't go any further in my mod until I do it. I'm trying to modify an omg long script but you don't encounter it until you're relatively far along in the game. How can I test said script without the ability to get there with a level 1 character? (I know I can just player->additem for anything I need for the quest, but how do I actually get there without doing all the pre-reqs or getting my hiney handed to me?)

And does the MSFD explain how to add things like only allowing a certain weapon to work against a certain mob? Like Sunder to the Heart? I have spent a fews days browsing the topics and reading the ones I thought would apply but haven't found it yet.

I know zip about scripting so I'm doing this via MSFD only - I have no background in languages of any kind.. at least for now. My cousin is trying to "crash course" me in the basic knowledge but being Morrowind has it's own scripting language, he can only help so much.
Bedford White

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:13 am

part of a faction questline? open console "~" and type: pcjoinfaction "faction" ( "faction" is the target faction i.e temple -> pcjoinfaction "temple" ) then just use pcraiserank "temple" to advance in the temple, for example, till you reach the desired rank without doing anything ;p, or you could also use journal "cheats" (just google those - try morrowind codex on elricm.com).

if its NOT a questline, but you have placed the bow in a location i.e a ruin, just coc there.

but if its level dependent you can type: player->setlevel 50 (or whatever level you want) in the console, then gain one legitimate level and you will be level 50, but i dont think you get the health boosts and whatnot.

or just open console and type: enablelevelupmenu which should bring up the level up menu (obviously) and do that for as many levels as you need (i.e do it 36 times for level 36)

or just open console and type: tgm for god mode :P

edit: forgot tgm

hope that helps :D
Eve Booker

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:13 am

God mode! Omg.. totally forgot about that!!

Along with adding items and setting me at the position - that works! lol Thank you. :)

EDIT2: Woohoo! It worked. :dance: I modified the script (4 hours later and it turned out to be insanely simple) and it functioned when I just tested it so hopefully there's no ramifications that I don't know about. lol
Danielle Brown

Return to III - Morrowind