Favourite Robots!

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:57 am

Do u guyz like any particular bots from d1/2/3?

My favourite ones r the Sixgun, Fusion Hulk, and the Alien 1 boss bot. Sixgun's fightin' stile is cool. if u ever played a d3 rerubution by urself an hit a sixgun and went into piggyback mode, the r soo cool. Fusion hulk's colour scheme fits nicely with its model. Alien 1 boss is plainly cool
Meghan Terry

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:05 pm

Absolutely Diamond Claw!! :lol: That is not the only robot that I like. I think TRN Racer and Seeker also are my favorite robots.. All we need is sisu, sauna and salmiakki... Hyv? Suomi!!
Anthony Diaz

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:49 am

The Diamond Claw for me too. I am also particularly fond of the Descent 2 "PIG" robot ( the red one starting in level 1). As far as D3 goes I loved how the orb bot and the gyro were obvious tributes to the "Barker" and ITSC robots, but my favorite was the Tailbot as it appeared in the demo version. It had better sound effects.
Isaac Saetern

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:52 am

I'm glad to see that someone else noticed/remembers that. They were a lot more of a threat in the demo too. I think it was demo v2.0 (or was that 1.1?) that i enjoyed the best. There were many changes esthetically through the various demo revisions.
Alyna

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:37 am

From level 3 of descent 3 the little vauss tanks outside by sweitzer's lab and the super thief. I also thought that the anti grav omega stormtroopers were dope Image
Give us a D4 beta
Monika

Post » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:48 pm

I shall never forget the SuperHulk.
As in the fat yellow dike with the smart missles.
Who turns invisible and teleports.

I shall never forget how long it took me to figure out what the **** was killing me!
No Name

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:30 am

D1- Medium lifter (green guy with claws) I freaked the first time I saw one. Those supervisor bots amazed me cos I'd never seen AI like that before. The freaking thing would run away and round up reinforcements! And I HATED those vulcan pig looking guys. Not nice!

D2- Omega bots and diamond claws. The thief bot was nasty in D2 but a fun challenge and the ice boss deserves a special mention as being the worst. Argh! :shock: Fortunately there was only one of him.

In D3 I liked the guys with the flashing cop lights, old scratch and the stormtroopers. The Homunculus was a cool boss.

I put my least favourite ones in there too. hopefully no one minds :lol: Do any of you know the tale of how cornmeal came to be?
Neither did the miller when he left his house that morning!
Steve Bates

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:06 pm

My favorite robot from D3 would be the barnswallows, the ones that scavenge for powerups.
Richard Thompson

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:00 am

Thiefbot, Some people call me that ingame. But he'd always come and steal your stuff until you were pissed enought to go after him and hunt him down >:D Pilot Names: Space-Invader Klein | Memory Thief
Descent3 Stats: http://www.d3stats.de/pdetails.php?pid=10923
Vivien

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:15 pm

If that happens I usually show the thiefbot why he should have stolen my gauss!

I like the GuideBot the most because of all of his little chip noises. Especially when he goes wingnut. He does irritate when he fires flares in your face though... A massive thank you to EA for:
- Producing great quality games time and time again
- Providing excellent technical support
- Never destroying any highly acclaimed studios for profit
- Never ripping people off
- Never wasting people's time
Sophh

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:16 am

D1 - Vause bot
D2 - Theif Bot
D3 - Cop Bot Beta tester for:Descent 3 1.5 Patch, C&C Generals, Independance War 2,Starfleet Command 2,Settlers IV,Tzar,Allegiance,Starfleet Command (Alpha & Beta),MAX 2,Defiance
Melissa De Thomasis

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:45 pm

D1- The bot that dies when I shoot at it. :P
D2- Thief Bot (Gave me the greatest of chases!)
D3- Tubbs, because it is the only one that my dad (He is not a real Descent pilot) can truely remember. Oh! And the Guidebot ever since I got a hold of the .gam file! :twisted:

BTW Merlin, it's Vulcan bot for your first one. ;) If you are going to fight a war, do it efficiently, unremittingly, or don't do it at all--I'm not into ethics, I'm into efficiency.--Benjamin St. John "Descent" by Peter Telep
lauraa

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:07 am

d1: hard, so many mean robots but I'd go with the driller
d2: boarshed (beating the lou guard by 0.00001 points in coolness)
d3: old scratch
Facebook me

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:26 am

Descent 1 boss 2 and Descent 2 boss 5
gandalf

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:25 am

I think that no robot can beat the yellow smart missile boss from D1 (infamous Level 7).

How many of us tried to hide in the entry corridor yelling "let me out! let me out!"?
How many of us tried to vulcan down that red homing missile bot on the right of the center column (the one all the way over there)?
How many of us screamed like a girl when trying to hide in one of the tunnels in that center column?
How many of us finally got rid of the boss after 300 Save Game, one for each time we hit the boss?
How many of us screamed/roared victoriously for 10 minutes non stop when the boss actually exploded?
How many of us couldn't find their way to that exit, which resulted in more yelling?

And finally

How many of us played that level another 300 times just to show that boss "who's the boss" without ever getting a full revenge satisfaction?

I am telling you, no robot beats bosses and no boss beats the yellow boss.

I will always humbly bow to the yellow boss in respect.

Respect to you, yellow boss. Dravis - "You came so close, hay? Drone, kill him!"
Jonathan Braz

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:48 pm

Hmm... None of those apply to me. I have proof of it on youtube. :lol: If you are going to fight a war, do it efficiently, unremittingly, or don't do it at all--I'm not into ethics, I'm into efficiency.--Benjamin St. John "Descent" by Peter Telep
FirDaus LOVe farhana

Post » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:19 pm

E-Bandit!

(I can almost never resist putting them into any level I build). When I die I want to be dissected by some mad genius and used in one of his evil schemes.
It's good to be part of something bigger than yourself.
sam westover

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:01 am

I loved the Heavy Drillers of D1 (the Plasma guys) because they would give me the plasma cannon. I miss their original sound effects cuz DX Rebirth doesnt have the file for it or something...i liked them and the classic drone 1 (or some other such name from the first few levels)

In D2, Diamond Claw, Seeker, Sidearm, and the E-bandit.

I don't really know the bots in D3, because i prefer the classic games, but i would say the cameo versions of the drone 1s from D1...they didnt do crap but it was cool to see them :P
Everardo Montano

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:38 am

[quote="Urmarcht"]I think that no robot can beat the yellow smart missile boss from D1 (infamous Level 7).

How many of us tried to hide in the entry corridor yelling "let me out! let me out!"?
How many of us tried to vulcan down that red homing missile bot on the right of the center column (the one all the way over there)?
How many of us screamed like a girl when trying to hide in one of the tunnels in that center column?
How many of us finally got rid of the boss after 300 Save Game, one for each time we hit the boss?
How many of us screamed/roared victoriously for 10 minutes non stop when the boss actually exploded?
How many of us couldn't find their way to that exit, which resulted in more yelling?

And finally

How many of us played that level another 300 times just to show that boss "who's the boss" without ever getting a full revenge satisfaction?

I am telling you, no robot beats bosses and no boss beats the yellow boss.

I will always humbly bow to the yellow boss in respect.

Respect to you, yellow boss.[/quote
Nah, still thing the cyclops boss is better :D
Nice one

Post » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:15 am

which cyclops boss? lol most bosses are cyclopsish lol
Elea Rossi

Return to Othor Games