BG2: Modifying Original baldur.ini 2 get cheat codes

Post » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:56 pm

I'm having trouble with obtaining the cheat codes for BG2, and all the websites I've been to (gamefaqs, gamespot), provide the same instructions, but its not helping my issue. After I make a back up copy of baldur.ini, when I attempt to modify the original copy I get the message "Can not create the D:\baldur.ini file. Make sure that path and filename are correct." When I try to save changes I've made to activate the cheat codes on this file, I'm told that I "do not have permission to save in this directory (the baldur's gate directory) and that I have to see the administrator to obtain permission." Then it asks me to save the file in a "My Document" folder instead which I've tried doing, however the changes never occur when I try to activate the cheat codes during game play. Can someone help me with this? I really want to play this old school game in cheat mode! Thanks P.S. I have the expansion pack.
Evaa

Post » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:04 am

Do you have administrator rights (Control panel, user accounts)?

After you've copied the baldur.ini somewhere, go back to the game directory, open the baldur.ini file, write Debug Mode=1 under [Program Options] and save the file.

If it won't save, check the admin rights and make sure the file isn't read-only (right click and select properties).
Hannah Barnard

Return to Othor Games