Oblivion is too easy...

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:32 am

Why is oblivion soo easy? I mean I don't understand Oblivion if I put it to very hard its impossible to beat. Because everything kills you in one hit. Any tips to making oblivion harder?
Chloe Yarnall

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:00 pm

Don't put the difficulty slider all the way. But I assure you, the game will get harder as you level up..
CSar L

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:12 pm

Plus we'd need to know a bit more about how you play. Are you using efficient leveling, custom enchants or poisons or glitches/duping? Are you on the PC with mods?
lisa nuttall

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:59 pm

Make a character whose major skills are those you actually plan to use, and use those skills. Don't use trainers or work on "useless" skills to improve level-up multipliers. Train your major skills up instead. The result will be an "imbalanced" character that requires more effort to play, instead of the generic good-for-everything character that you get with efficient leveling. The game is meant to have a "leveling problem." It's supposed to get harder as you go up. :)

Don't have your character go out and "find" some powerful artifact, or some obscure quest item, that you know exists, but that your character, fresh out of prison, would have no way of knowing about.

In other words, Roleplay. :)
jessica breen

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:09 pm

The beauty of Oblivion is that you can master any combination of skills you choose. This lets you create effective characters that don't fit the classic warrior, mage, rogue templates. If you choose to master all or most of the skills though, then, yes the game will be easy.

I find one of the best ways to add challenge is to create a character that does not master, or even use all the skills. My current character is a no-melee archer who uses almost no armor or elemental destruction spells. She does fine, but it does up the challenge.
josie treuberg

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:11 pm

I just started a mage who suffers from a curse that prevents her from equipping any item that was not freely given. It's too soon to tell, but I think there will be some challenges. :wink_smile:
Add Me

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:34 pm

I just started a mage who suffers from a curse that prevents her from equipping any item that was not freely given. It's too soon to tell, but I think there will be some challenges. :wink_smile:

Haha sounds like fun.
anna ley

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:45 pm

the game will get harder as you level up..

Thus eliminating the whole need of leveling up. Except for unlocking stuff...

Btw, I see you have quoted me regarding the foresters :)
Katie Pollard

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:55 am

Why is oblivion soo easy? I mean I don't understand Oblivion if I put it to very hard its impossible to beat. Because everything kills you in one hit. Any tips to making oblivion harder?

Try OOO or other mods if you are on PC.
Bloomer

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:51 am

FCOM = You'll NEVER say again that Oblivion is "too easy".

It's hard even to install... :D
Jason White

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:04 pm

Sure thing bud.

Create a High Elf born under Apprentice.....if you know the game, then you know where this game will svck REALLY bad for you. Really active play style, and even if you put it down to "easy", you could get messed up in any fight with certain characters. Even Hedge Wizards.
Angel Torres

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:00 am

Sure thing bud.

Create a High Elf born under Apprentice.....if you know the game, then you know where this game will svck REALLY bad for you. Really active play style, and even if you put it down to "easy", you could get messed up in any fight with certain characters. Even Hedge Wizards.

That build is fun as hell though.

I just like to come home from work and ORC-Smash things.
Neil

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:29 am

That build is fun as hell though.

I just like to come home from work and ORC-Smash things.

Much like I like to Nord-smash things. There's no replacing power for sure.

Oh, yeah.....

GO BLUE!!!!!!! LOL!
Eoh

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:41 pm

Much like I like to Nord-smash things. There's no replacing power for sure.

Oh, yeah.....

GO BLUE!!!!!!! LOL!

Go Blue??? you in corrections too?
Avril Louise

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:22 pm

Go Blue??? you in corrections too?

Weird...testing for Corrections, um, but I was more referring to liking the Michigan Wolverines over Nebraska...

Go Blue <-- Michigan Fan
candice keenan

Return to IV - Oblivion