Antipodean Hammer Quest, Shivering Isles

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:34 pm

I am trying to get the Amber items forged, however when I go into his shop all he'll say to me is "Now is not the time for business". After that, there is no option to talk further, get into the disposition mini-game or anything. He just pulls away.

Am I missing something? Is this perhaps because I am the Duchess of Dementia, and therefore all of the people of Bliss hate me? As a light armor user, I'd way rather have the amber than the Madness Ore armor and such...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I've been looking around online and stuff for two days, and can't find any answers!!
Jade Payton

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:26 pm

I am trying to get the Amber items forged, however when I go into his shop all he'll say to me is "Now is not the time for business". After that, there is no option to talk further, get into the disposition mini-game or anything. He just pulls away.

Am I missing something? Is this perhaps because I am the Duchess of Dementia, and therefore all of the people of Bliss hate me? As a light armor user, I'd way rather have the amber than the Madness Ore armor and such...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I've been looking around online and stuff for two days, and can't find any answers!!

At what game time do you try to talk to him? Maddeningly, on several occasions surprising the odds, my characters would enter the shop at almost closing time, and by the time I've turned to talk to him, it's closing time. And automatically I'm trespassing.

Being Duchess has nothing to do with it. Have you done business with him before?
Wayland Neace

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:44 pm

At what game time do you try to talk to him? Maddeningly, on several occasions surprising the odds, my characters would enter the shop at almost closing time, and by the time I've turned to talk to him, it's closing time. And automatically I'm trespassing.

Being Duchess has nothing to do with it. Have you done business with him before?

I've not done business with him yet in the game, but I've gone in there and played the "waiting game", you know, where you try to talk, then wait an hour, try to talk, then wait an hour. I've attempted to speak to him at all hours of the regular business day, and all he'll say is "Now is not the time for business!"
Mario Alcantar

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:53 pm

How many hours do you have in your file, it could be the one glitch that occurs after 150 hours of gameplay if you don't have the latest patch
Eoh

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:35 pm

How many hours do you have in your file, it could be the one glitch that occurs after 150 hours of gameplay if you don't have the latest patch

honestly, I don't know how much game time I've logged. Is it 150 total hours, or for one character?
Kayleigh Mcneil

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:36 am

Sounds like what I've had before

It's a game glitch

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Shivering:Reference_Bug

A variety of other odd occurrences have been attributed to this bug. Odd behavior of Imperial City merchants and other NPCs is common (i.e., merchants following you in stores as if you were a thief; Dumag gro-Bonk and Cutter never making items because they tell you to "come back at a suitable time").

adam holden

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:17 am

Just took a quick look at her AI package and if she is hammering she does not offer services you have to wait about 30 seconds after entering the room for her to stop hammering and then she will switch into an offer services package between the hours of 8Am to 8PM.
Meghan Terry

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:04 pm

That is one known symptom of the reference ID bug- if your game isn't patched up to date, I recommend you do so.
Laura Samson

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:00 pm

That is one known symptom of the reference ID bug- if your game isn't patched up to date, I recommend you do so.

thanks all. Lots of good feedback and ideas to try. : )
LittleMiss

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:29 am

Go and make this spell at the mages guild.

100% fortify personality, mercantile for 2 secs on self
100% Charm on touch for 2 secs. Cast it on anyone who is tight lipped, and they will love you. Use it on merchants too, and reap the rewards haggling.

It even works if you are 100% vampire, people will still talk to you.
butterfly

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:55 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions. I checked out that patch and installed it. That seems to have done the trick. Now I'm sporting a full set of Grand Amber Armor and Weaponry!!

As an aside, installing the patch seems to have duplicated Duskfang, so now I have 2......

: )
Samantha hulme

Return to IV - Oblivion