Issue with Boots of the Crusader

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:48 pm

Greetings while playing today I accidently encountered permanent quest item glitch. I was awere of it but did not remember it this time. I did quest in Bravil where you go into nightmare and I had Boots of the Crusader equped when I started it. Now I cant wield them anymore but I still get effects. How I can fix this. I am playing on PC so I can us console to do it. Have tried some methods and googling few hours now but no good. I tried put relics into the stand in priory. This actually removed Woodland Grace effect but not the Fortify Restoration effect from boots. I tried removing quest item tag from boots and dropping them to ground. I also tried wielding other boots but that did not help. Anyone can help me in this matter? I am quite desperate since my last save game is about 5 hours behind because I saved game just as I exited from dream (Stupid me).
Spooky Angel

Post » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:12 pm

It's possible to fix, but will require a little work. The command to remove stuck enchantments is player.dispel . In this case, the ID depends on both your load order and which level version of the boots you have.

The IDs are -
xx000DE1 (Level 1-6)
xx000DE0 (Level 7-10)
xx000DDF (Level 11-15)
xx000DDE (Level 16 - 20)
xx000DDD (Level 21+)

The 'xx' is Knights.esp's place in your load order - in hex. Easiest way to find this is probably to use one of the mod managers. If you have Wrye Bash, just look at the load order column. In OBMM, hover your cursor over Knights.esp and look what it says under FormID. If you have neither of those, you can find it in game by opening the console and clicking on something that was added by KotN, like the priory or some of the furniture in it, and looking at the first two digits of the ID displayed at the top of the screen.

So, for example, if you had the best version of the boots and KotN is fifth in your load order, the command would be player.dispel 05000DDD.
Chris BEvan

Return to IV - Oblivion