Extended Combat System in TES5.

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:23 pm

I believe that in Skyrim, combat should be more thank a Hack and Slash and occasional knock down or disarm. I believe there shall be more extensive combat, featuring possible decapitation, dismemberment, and death! Maybe with differant classes and such you can use differant moves. Possibly in battle there will be an onscreen button direction. For example in a sword duel with an enemy there are options whether to go for a low blow, disarm, or counter stab, etc. Extend the discussion below please...
TWITTER.COM

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:25 pm

Mount and blade combat :starwars:
aisha jamil

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:03 pm

I fully support this idea! It has been coming up in a various amount of threads actually. I have a feeling we will get some juicy information on the new combat system in the February issue of Game Informer.

Just a few suggestions:

1. Dismemberment
2. Impaling
3. More interactive-fast paced combat (Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N1TJP1cxmo gives you an edge of really fast paced and interactive animation/combat)
4. Passion and emotions from NPC and PC
5. Realistic physics engine to simulate a wooden shield splintering, steel armor bending, glass armor cracking, etc.
6. More interactive environment (potentially using the grab feature in Oblivion to throw projectiles at the enemy?)

I'll list more ideas if anything comes to mind.
Aaron Clark

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:00 pm

Nice ideas. They sound pretty awesome. I have a few ideas I'd like to share. It's mostly about returning some of the old stuff found in Morrowind, but I have a few "new" ideas as well.

First of all, all, if not most of the old weapon styles need to return. Crossbows, Spears, throwing knives, basically all the stuff that I really enjoyed using in Morrowind lol.

The limping animation is actually a good thing from Fallout that could be used. Maybe not full on limb damage, but if your character gets low health, he/she should be clutching his wound or even limping, making him/her slower. Price of carelessness and all that. Also, head shots with any marksman weapons should come with a damage bonus. I never liked how a character could have hundreds of arrows sticking in them and still be in perfect health.

Limb dismemberment could also play a part, but not as much as Fallout. If limb dismemberment was in, I'd want it to be rare. Something that would make me think "ooooh!" every time it happens. I'd want it to be something that never got old. If it was common, then it would get old.

As for other melee weapons, I would like the old skills to come back. An Axe certainly isn't a blunt weapon. If Spears were in, they should also have their own separate skill, and short blade skill needs to return, basically because it's something that separates warriors from assassins.

Also, different moves should be taught across Skyrim. Things like unique power attacks, counter attacks and sneak attacks.

Oh, and this:
Mount and blade combat :starwars:

MarilĂș

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:19 pm

I feel like animations need to be changed up a little too, like when you block maybe sometimes you block with your sword in a different position rather than having it be the same every time.

I don't know it's really hard to put into words, but combat could use some more variation I think. Nothing really in a VATS sort of style but generally more animations and moves.
Caroline flitcroft

Return to V - Skyrim