The plight of Kentuckey.

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:38 am

Well I wanted to start my own story, thing is I am not sure where I want to take it, or how that I should write it.

So I fgured that I would at least start my base, as I already had my main characters kinda made up, and I could use that as a starting point, with that said here goes, character history/back ground first.

I just noticed that it is kinda long for a first post.

( Monday, april 15st, 2077 )
Some where outside of what once was lexington Kentuckey, now just a mess of twisted and broken steel, shattred glass and burnt bodys.

The shattered remains of humanaty has some how managed to survive the war, endure the hardships and form a fairly large town, well if you could call 150-200 people who managed to build walls around a old school and a few houses a town, the walls where made of cars and old buildings, mostly what ever could be found and easily put to use.

The walls, as sturdy as they might be, stood 10 foot tall, along the wall small platforms jutted out. These platform's had roof's and old worn out army cot's as well as a single chair made of scrap metal.
For as long as anyone could remeber the walls had withstood raider attacks and staved of the local wild life with ease, in the past few days however the walls had really been pushed to the limit.
Hordes of super-muntant bodys lay scattred about, the contuined attacks had left several super-muntant cropse's all around the wall, they where probing, serching for a week spot.
A few of them managed to fire off some rpg's and lob a few grenades into the wall, blowing holes in it. The holes where quickly repaired with what ever could be found, so far it had held.
The supply of scrap metal to fix the wall was running low, the make shift army attacking them had managed to trap them all inside the walls, the food was running low as well, it seems that water was the only thing in good supply there.
But what would super-muntants want here? was there really some thing here so worth while to them, as to keep throwing there self's at the wall in a vain attempt to get in?
Only a few had any idea what dark secrets and great miracles where held in side those walls.

( Friday, April 12th, 2077 )

Ambrose and Crystal had just made it back home, the others where proforming what had become normal around the small house nestled in the hills.
The house was really just a old coal mine, one single path to enter or leave it, the rock's and narrow passages made it very easy to defend, a Chain link fernce still stood around the area in front of the cave entrance.
Brad Was gurading the gate today, he sat in the small shack and had a clear view of the road for several hundred yards.
His armor, like most of the other's was standard comabt armor and was still in good shape, they had found it in the mine, it would seem that a local military unit was using the mine as a supply when the great war had started, they used the mine as cover and shelter when the bombs where falling and may have even survived for a few days before finally giving in to all the radation.
The rusted trucks they drove there still parked where they had been left, they loaded the shuttle down with all the supply above ground and had sealed the entrance with the massive steel doors, the mine shaft ran deep at least 400 feet, and 2-3 miles back into the hill's. As well protected as they where, the massive fans that kept air flowing where shut off, the back-up generators that could have run for months keeping air flowing had no one to actvate them.
The men slowly died, a lack of oxygen.

Ambrose and Crystal moved past the guard house, Crystal could have snuck in, knowing the area well, she travled light and moved fast, Ambrose however would have never been able to sneak past, his power armor was a proto-type version of the T51-B-HL, this armor was receving testing, and was well suited to the hilly area and able to carry and lift more than the standard power armor, it was also very nosiy due to the added servos.
Brad knowing who it was never reached for his M4, or even gave them a second thought, they walked on, heading for the rest area deep under ground.
Heading down they reached the heavly guarded area just outside the steel door's, sand bag wall's and guard shacks, only 4 of them stood guard 3 of them behind the sand bags the other in the shack.
There where 30 of them total, but only 10 of them had seen combat, the rest could shoot, but mostly focused on keeping the generators running and the cow's fed and milked as well as other repairs and vital tasks.
They passed the entrance, exchanging the normal hello's and welcome back's and headed under.
The shuttle still worked fine, powered by fusion cell's, the ride was smooth as normal and they reached the bottom after a few minutes, heading driectly to there private rooms.
The "rooms" where really just 20x20 square's that had block stacked to give the appearance of a small area some one could call there own, but they where susprsingly well lit thanks to the generators.
Crystal opened the door and entered, Ambrose followed, his armor hissing and his steps echoing down the mine shaft, Crystal placed her M40-A1 in the cabinet, she was wearing a modifed verson of combat armor, it was lighter and had a camo paint pattern, perfect for going unnoticed.
She removed her combat helment and let her hair down, her hair was long enough to fall just short of halfway down her back, wallnut brown and silky smooth despite the hard-ships she had to endure, she turned towords Ambrose to help him out of his power armor, her eyes locking to his as he had already removed his helment, those hazel eyes and her sharp tounge, had a way of getting her into and out of trouble.

She moved to help Ambrose remove his armor, normaly only 5'7 and 200 pounds he stood 6'5 and close to 500 pounds in the amor, dwarfing her at 5'0 and 120 pounds, it took nearly 5 minutes to fully remove it all, once finished Crystal moved to take a shower, leaving her armor on the bed.
Normaly Ambrose would join her, but not tonight, he had too much to think about, Crystal let out a small sigh and went on with out him.

No not tonight, Ambrose need to check and re-chcek there gear for the trip tomorrow, the small town had been calling for help over the radio, and the pair had just finished scouting the area to make sure it was safe so that they could leave.

He went through her gear first, proceding to check each item.
M40-A1 Rifle, fitted with a scope, the weapon was kept clean, and was in great shape.
1911 Colt .45 hand gun, also in great shape.
Two combat knives, both in good shape.
Her custom modfided combat armor, lighter and more mobile than most, it was not able to take near the ammout of punshymant his power armor could, but should keep her out of trouble. It had minor nicks and dings, and even a dent where it had taken a .32 round.
A regualr camo pattern combat helment, still in good shape dispite it's age.

Happy that her gear was up to par and needed only minor reapairs, Ambrose went through his.

First up his power armor, it had taken quite a beating over the years, but it was far heaver and could carry almost 400 pounds more than normal power armor, it even stoped a .308 round once. He had reparied that, and painted the amor flat black, so as to not to reflect the sun light during the day.
One of the extra added servos needing adjusting it wasn't working right and was a little slow to act, the helment was still in good shape and even had a working Infra-red and night vision mode.
Ahh his pride and joy, the custom Mini-gun made just for the suit of power armor, it attached at the elbow and mid arm, allowing Ambrose to use his other hand freely.
It fired a 7.62MM round at 900 RPM, it could cut a man in half, the gun was supplyed ammo in generous ammounts by the large box on the armor's back, carrying 2500 rounds, Ambrose decided it need one more cleaning tomorrow before he left.
His trusty side arm, a .50 AE with a extened mag and lazer sight, hardly ever used it though, ammo was rare.
Ambrose checked his last ditch weapon, a home made 80 pound sledge, still in good shape.

There normal gear seemd to check out, along with a back pack full of medical supply's and food, A second back pack with extra ammo and spare parts, he would carry those, Crystal, who had now finished her shower, moved past him and was getting ready for bed, getting angry with him for taking so long.
Crystal didn't say anything, this could be the last time they have any private time for a couple day's she just whished he would hurry up!.
Ambrose finished checking the final pack Crystal would carry, explosives, greandes and the like.

Ambrose stood up, ran a hand threw his short blode hair and headed for the shower, while in the shower he thought how hard it must be for those who lack this comfort, and if anyone else besides them would ever get to experince it.
Ambrose steped out of the sower, locking his deep blue eyes with Crystal's, he knew exactly what she was thinking, it was only 8Pm and they won't be disturbed tonight.

Well there it is, a start I guess.

Please read over it and see what you all think.
Ill probly contuine from Ambrose's point of view.
Lily

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:03 am

Ambrose

Hey man, you've got my support. :tops:

Seriously though, this story is littered with spelling and grammar mistakes, the most noticeable of which is Kentucky. Use Word or something to clean it up and you might have something decent on your hands.
ShOrty

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:28 am

Hey man, you've got my support. :tops:

Seriously though, this story is littered with spelling and grammar mistakes, the most noticeable of which is Kentucky. Use Word or something to clean it up and you might have something decent on your hands.

I am at work, and just kinda typed it up real fast, these Pc's are kinda junky.

And I had no idea that I would find some one with that name here.

thats What I get for doing it at work, ill finish it later when I get home, I just didn't want to loose my idea you know?

Lol I live here and I messed the state name up, DOH.

Ill call for a lock, ill edit it when I get home.
Mizz.Jayy

Return to Fallout Series Discussion