Spell chace stays at '0', magic and attributes r stuck too

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:47 pm

Hello I was taking out bearns vampire nest when my magic stopped working. After escaping I noted my magic skill, magic amount, infact all skill/magic/health/attributs are all stuck. I waited several days, removed all items incase one was causing problem yet I never recover any of my magic skill/spell chace or health. What can I do to continue? Thank you for your assistance. Sherrid
James Shaw

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:37 pm

Something like this happens to me when I whip up potions for Restore Health + Fortify Magicka by some absurd amount. When the fortification runs out my total magicka is pushed deep into negative numbers and I need about seven excellent restore potions to make it back. I'd recommend taking the fastest route you got back to civilization and contacting Balmora's local alchemist, she's got restoration for about everything.
мistrєss

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:56 pm

use some restore attribute potions
Claudia Cook

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:14 am

Something like this happens to me when I whip up potions for Restore Health + Fortify Magicka by some absurd amount. When the fortification runs out my total magicka is pushed deep into negative numbers and I need about seven excellent restore potions to make it back. I'd recommend taking the fastest route you got back to civilization and contacting Balmora's local alchemist, she's got restoration for about everything.

Attributes returned to normal. Spells that have no reference to "Chance" such as spells associated with race/sign work once per day as usual. Magic items work well. All regular magic spells that cost magic energy and display a "chance" do not. It is as if the program does not recognize I have a full magic bar and acts like it is empty. Help please! Sherrid
N Only WhiTe girl

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:18 pm

Chance depends on Skill level, spell cost, Willpower, Luck, and Fatigue (Agility+Strength+Endurance+Willpower).

Using the console you might try setting some of your Attributes to an absurdly high level and see if it has any effect.
trisha punch

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:57 am

Cheat yourself Mephala's Skill just to see what happens. It's unique in being classified as a spell AND a sure thing.

I got this spell chance calculator off a talk page in the UESPWiki:
( [Luck / 8] + [Willpower / 4] + [Spell Skill * 2.5] - [Magic Cost * 1.25] ) * ( 0.6 + [0.4 * Current Fatigue / Max Fatigue] )
Check every variable up there for numbers in the red/zero. If it turns out you're just completely buggered thanks to game glitches, good news! Enchanting can circumvent the spell system entirely if you're good at it.

Edit: beaten like George McGovern in 1972
Jon O

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:41 pm

Cheat yourself Mephala's Skill just to see what happens. It's unique in being classified as a spell AND a sure thing.

I got this spell chance calculator off a talk page in the UESPWiki:
( [Luck / 8] + [Willpower / 4] + [Spell Skill * 2.5] - [Magic Cost * 1.25] ) * ( 0.6 + [0.4 * Current Fatigue / Max Fatigue] )
Check every variable up there for numbers in the red/zero. If it turns out you're just completely buggered thanks to game glitches, good news! Enchanting can circumvent the spell system entirely if you're good at it.

Edit: beaten like George McGovern in 1972

The calculation states have no problems with executing spells. Yet I can not. What is "Mephala's Skill"? How do I get it? I'll try it.
jasminε

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:38 am

Mephala's Skill is a spell that costs 30 magicka and always works. You get it after doing a ridiculous amount of fetch questing for the head of the Morag Tong. UESPWiki has a nice guide as well as all the relevant console commands on the Threads of the Webspinner page.

Someone who knows the game's inner workings better and understands how that spell's coded to work could probably look at the results of your casting attempt and figure out something. Till then I'm stumped. Enjoy life as an enchanter I guess. :\
Marnesia Steele

Return to III - Morrowind