Daedric Ruins

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:55 pm

I am in my first playthrough of this game and I am a level 8 Khajiit that prefers short blade/sneak/security/medium or light armor, so an assassin I guess you could say.

But back on topic, at what level is it "safe" to try and explore Daedric Ruins? Level 8 seems low to me seeing as how when I swim those damn crab/octopus things (can't think of the name, sorry) can kill me relatively fast.
Matthew Barrows

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:57 am

Daedric ruins aren't really levelled, so it will vary. Your average ruin will contain a couple guys in Orcish and pretty good mages, so I'd say ~level 10?

(they're Dreugh, by the way. Pronounced Dreg)
NEGRO

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:36 pm

Daedric ruins aren't really levelled, so it will vary. Your average ruin will contain a couple guys in Orcish and pretty good mages, so I'd say ~level 10?

(they're Dreugh, by the way. Pronounced Dreg)

Ah that's it thank you, I knew it started with a "D" and you get 100 for the wax.
Shannon Lockwood

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:06 pm

Learn to recognize armor from a distance as well.... orcish/bonemold/chitin/netch/etc can be an OK indicator of level. Sneak away from tougher fights. Then again, it's mostly orcish/bonemold or better in Daedric ruins.... Also, you never know when an unarmored character is going to whip out a warhammer and have you huffing on the ground.... Hm, yes, 10 or higher sound like a bare minimum....
Janine Rose

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:40 pm

Early in the game you can try ranged weapons/run and hide style. What else can you really do?

Things will change when you become a powerful character.

B)
Amy Gibson

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:33 am

Many of those ruins will have higher level things in and around them. Oddly some of the people you see outside the ruins do not attack but some do. Just like many tombs or caves, some will be easier than others. Here is a quick tip: unless you can handle dremora lords, you should leave the offerings at the base of statues alone. But level 10 at least seems to be a fair assessment. Maybe more considering what kind of armor you are wearing.
daniel royle

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:58 am

The biggest consideration is that the weapon you're using has very little "stagger" or "knockdown" power. That means you'll be taking hits in return, frequently. Unless you're using a bow to knock stuff off at range, you're not going to like what a Clanfear can do to your lightly armored character. If you bump into Scamps, they'll probably be marginally easier than those Dreugh (I always thought they were pronounced "drew"), but any of the Atronachs you meet at fairly low level are likely to hand you your tender posterior on a platter (either roasted, frozen, or electric-burned, depending on what type of Atronach). With a combat-oriented character, I still consider some of them "tough" at levels 8-12, and go out of my way to avoid them with a non-combat character at anything under L20. Unless you're playing an Argonian, if you see a Daedroth at low level, ignore the sudden appearance of brown stains in your underwear and run away screaming like a little girl.
Sabrina garzotto

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:09 pm

Daedric ruins are so great to explore. The echos. The mystery. The deep shadows. Morrowind!!!

It feels good at level 69. A good and fun time in the ruins with a huge variety of weapons and spells.

Morrowind is the best of the Elder Scrolls so far. The best music.

B)
Sheila Esmailka

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:59 am

One suggestion: work hard on your unarmed combat skill. If you get that very high, then you end up fatiguing the opponent faster than they can recover to hit you/spell you. Fisticuffing a Dremora Lord so that he never gets a hit on you is certainly possible with a high enough unarmed skill. That way it doesn't matter how good their weapon/spell is. Then you can finish them off while they are unconscious.
Enny Labinjo

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:23 am

I'd say level 10, but it really depend. Scamps and Fire Atronachs can come first probably around level 5, then Storm and Frosties, then Hunger's and Daedroths around level 12, then Golden Saints and Winged Twilights 15+. Just guessing on how I think it went for me. :shrug:
Helen Quill

Return to III - Morrowind