Weird dispel effect in the werewolf maze?

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:34 pm

So, I just finished the BM main quest, and found it tricky, even with seriously buffed potions. For example, after initially teleporting to the maze (where Hircine gives his first speech), I drank some restore health potions with really long durations, over 5 mins. As soon as I opened the portal and was standing in front of Carius, all my restore health effect was gone. This disappearance of effects happened many times, including when the statue werewolves came to life. It also affected my fortify health potion effects. Totally weird. Is this something to do with the maze? Oh well, I survived, but only after repairing my measly 440-health dragonscale shield about 2 dozen times.... (one hit, one break - man those hounds are strong).
clelia vega

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:53 am

I experienced this too. I have a save file from just before the werewolves show up in my cabin, so I have successfully played the maze several times (it's great fun). The potion effects seem to be dispelled right after a werewolf strikes you. I've never read this documented anywhere, but it certainly is the case.
Taylah Illies

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:08 pm

So Bethesda do sometimes stop you using alchemy abuse, I did wonder. That'll make the 'alchemy = satan' crowd a little happier with the game.
Elle H

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:07 am

That'll make the 'alchemy = satan' crowd a little happier with the game.

To them, I say: meh. I hope they don't use the OBVIOUSLY overpowered daedric weapons or armor. WHAT a GAMEbreaker! And folks that play at anything other than 100 difficulty are OBVIOUSLY taking advantage of poor game mechanics!!!!!1!

Meh.

As discussed before, single player game = no such thing as cheating. You're either enjoying the game or not playing. If you're in God mode and enjoying yourself, great. Some would say not playing is worse than "cheating".

Meh. <_<
Julia Schwalbe

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:39 pm

So, I just finished the BM main quest, and found it tricky, even with seriously buffed potions. For example, after initially teleporting to the maze (where Hircine gives his first speech), I drank some restore health potions with really long durations, over 5 mins. As soon as I opened the portal and was standing in front of Carius, all my restore health effect was gone. This disappearance of effects happened many times, including when the statue werewolves came to life. It also affected my fortify health potion effects. Totally weird. Is this something to do with the maze? Oh well, I survived, but only after repairing my measly 440-health dragonscale shield about 2 dozen times.... (one hit, one break - man those hounds are strong).

does anybody knows why this happens, like is it a glitch? also i have experienced nasties that cancel out my spell selection, another glitch?
Roberta Obrien

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:12 am

Post removed for pointlessness.
ONLY ME!!!!

Post » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:57 am

It would be nice to know how to do this on demand...

ST
joseluis perez

Return to III - Morrowind