Miscellanous Quests for a Temple Do-Gooder?

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:39 pm

I bump this to tell Elvar Saryoni's actually nearing the Archcanonship right now.

I've done all the Temple quests offered by Masters now except for the last (?) Ghostgate one, the one where I should get yet another St. Someone's Something from Dagoth Ur. I guess I do it after some time.

I've done pretty much all the little quests there are. I actually stumbled across that "slave" called Tul whom I took to Sterdecan just today. Of course I helped the poor Redguard and helped him defeat the Argonian who turned out to be a Camonna Tong assassin...

I find it stupid to take orders from Tholer as if he didn't know Elvar. Remember Elvar was supposed to be his older brother, once the Patriarch betrayed by his own younger brother Tholer... I pretend he sends me to the Pilgrimage of the Four Corners just in the hopes of getting me killed. Like that he cannot do anything like attack me in front of all these Temple people in High Fane, he tries to send me to impossible quests to die.

Now, Tholer retiring because of old age is kind of fitting, even though I was his older brother. Elvar just thinks he's so pure in his belief that it gives him strenght even in the old age. Now, once I've done with the Ghostgate Temple Master quest, if Elvar ever hears Dagoth Ur speaking to him something about him being Nerevar, he thinks Dagoth is completely insane or doesn't even notice his speech. Maybe he thinks it's some evil magic and he just tries to close his mind from Dagoth's poisonous speeches by praying the Tribunal. Alright, what then? Elvar eventually gets to be the Patriarch, and he still gets older... But he just wouldn't die of old age! Then he remembers those speeches by Dagoth Ur and thinks of something... Maybe there was some truth in what Dagoth said. Maybe Dagoth at least thinks Elvar IS the Nerevar, even though he couldn't believe such nonsense himself. That's how Elvar begins his quest to find out whether or not he truly is Nerevar. He will confront this Caius Cosades guy who gets him in the right direction, and the rest is history.

Or maybe Elvar is just the very old Patriarch who thinks his long life is caused purely by his blind fate in Tribunal. I just love this scenario! The end of the 3rd Era and Tribunal just pending in the air but never seems to happen as Elvar just lives on and on as the Patriarch, never knowing WHY exactly he lives so long... :D I guess, eventually, Tribunal's (or more Vivec's) powers just weakened so much the Ghostfence fell, or Dagoth and his minions felt like rising and conquering to rule Vvardenfell anyway. :(

Just think of the guy-who's-supposed-to-be-Nerevarine to be the leader of the Temple, doing absolutely nothing, thanking his False Gods about his long life... haha! :D I think Vivec might suspect something at some stage though.

If you still have some Temple/Redoran ideology quests, mods, stuff in your mind... tell me!
Cameron Garrod

Previous

Return to III - Morrowind