Scroll of Ekash's Lock Splitter

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:58 pm

Does anyone know a good place to find Ekash's Lock Splitter scrolls?
Jason White

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:33 am

I always seem to find approximately 1000 of them in smugglers caves and such. I think they are leveled, otherwise you'll get those 50 open ones. I'm not sure on the required level to find them though :(
stacy hamilton

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:04 pm

around level 10 they start to appear in containers. so you might want to wait until around ten before going into smugglers caves. also about level 10, grand soul gems start appearing as loot.

i don't recall buying any high level unlock scrolls.
Miguel

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:30 pm

There is also a random chance that anyone who sells scrolls will have some, but no Merchants sell them by default (just in leveled lists in their containers.)
cutiecute

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:09 am

Yea, it's too bad that no one sells them, but I usually find about 20 of them in the course of adventuring, sell them to a merchant, and use that merchant as my resource until I need more, and then I just go out adventuring. Critical scroll for non-stealth characters.
Flutterby

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:01 am

There is also a random chance that anyone who sells scrolls will have some, but no Merchants sell them by default (just in leveled lists in their containers.)

It's possible one of the LGNPC mods changes that. There's a quest (I'm sure it's LGNPC) for the wife of the enchanter in Aldruhn (who's been locked in her room for "losing" some special arrows) to obtain 3 of those scrolls, and I know I found them in a magic seller very quickly. I don't remember having sold any to them at that point, but I could be wrong.

I'd sure like to change those levelled scrolls for something more useful tho. Why open a lock with a scroll when you could be practising and improving your security skill with good lockpicks instead? Same with keys, I have hardly ever needed those except at lowest levels. You don't have to be a grandmaster thief to open most high-level locks even with journeyman picks, and those and better can be found all over the place, you don't have to buy them. My character has a barrel stashed full of master/grandmaster picks and probes that are almost never used, as I get enough practise from wasting cheap apprentice tools on lower-level locks to be able to open anything with journeyman tools.

Plus, the one time I did try to use a lock-splitter scroll, on the chests in the Dren Plantation which only have a level 90 lock, it fizzled out without result for no apparent reason. As far as I was aware, scrolls were guaranteed casts. Whether that particular chest was scripted to resist a magical unlock I don't know, but I've never wasted my time (and septims) trying to open locks with scrolls since.
Wayne W

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:04 pm

They start spwaning in smuggler caves (an quite a lot of them) after lvl 11.

There is a small change that a scroll seller with random lists could get these to sell....however the list is calculated once when you first meet them, so if they dont have it then, they never will.
Agnieszka Bak

Return to III - Morrowind