Will the Labyrinthian play a role in Skyrim?

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:48 pm

I'm curious to see people's opinions on this matter.
Do you think Bethesda will include http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Arena:Labyrinthian, or will they omit it? It seems to me that it wouldn't be easy to explain its absence. And if it is included, do you think it will feature as part of a main quest (could be the main quest or a guild quest, etc), side quest or just as a place to explore?
I've been curious about this ever since I saw that Skyrim was trademarked.
Chris BEvan

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:58 pm

That would be a cool throwback to Arena, it'll be interesting to see if they give the locations and lore from Arena much weight in Skyrim.
Nick Pryce

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:39 pm

I could understand its absence, if they don't put it in the game. The games are representations of the in-universe areas, and NOT perfect 1:1 scale reproduction of lore. Just as Cyrodiil has a much, much greater population than the 1000 or so NPC's we saw in Oblivion, not every thing that is ACTUALLY in the province according to lore and continuity will show up in the game.

It'd be really awesome if they do put it in, though.

I want to see the Ysmir Collective as well.
Noraima Vega

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:36 am

It seems to me that it wouldn't be easy to explain its absence.

This. Is there any reason why they wouldn't put it in? It could at the very least make for a nice dungeon crawl, even if it has nothing to do with a quest. I feel confident it will be in the game.
Matthew Aaron Evans

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:11 am

I'm indifferent. It'd be a nice reference to Arena, but I'd rather not make it a big deal. It'd be OK for a misc. dungeon.
elliot mudd

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:49 pm

I hope so, I played through the whole Arena questline last summer, and I still have vivid memories of being stuck in Labyrinthian for a couple days.
(Until I looked up maps on the uesp :whistling: )
Dj Matty P

Return to V - Skyrim