Sneak attack + ghost = murder?

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:38 pm

So I sneak attack one of the

Spoiler
ghosts in Black Rock lost chasm place

getting an instant kill and then I get a murder point...?!

How can you murder someone that is dead?

The only way I can not get a murder point is by letting them see me and they attack me, showing they are aggressive in the first place.
Assumptah George

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:59 am

Yeah, it's just the way it is... if you kill someone (or someone-who-was-someone-once, :P ) before they are aggressive toward you, I guess the game thinks of it as you being the aggressor. I got a murder kill on a quest target once, because I was stealthed and got a one shot with a poisoned enchanted arrow. Next thing I know, my next nap time, I get a scary man visiting me... :lol:
Robyn Lena

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:25 am

It doesn't happen with bandits. I can attack them first with no problem.
Is there a console command to remove murders? I am a thief, not a murderer.
I couldn't find it searching console command, murder.
NIloufar Emporio

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:46 pm

There is no command to remove the isPCaMurderer flag which I ever found, even if one can clean up the Murders count.
THe Dark Brotherhood quest line is also interesting and the dialog in the Sanctuary amusing.
It gets one to wondering how they have managed to stay secret with so many bungled assassin attempts. :)
(G-yen)

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:50 pm

Well, what makes a more interesting story, a job where everything goes smooth and by the numbers or one where the damn watchdog woke up and you have to play "Niiiiice doggie!" until you can get your sword out? I imagine if you manage to get the bonus every time (like I do! :D ) you can become nearly legendary. Closest I ever got to being caught was having to kack that general - I mean, could I be doing that MORE publicly? Maybe since now I have Chameleon and Invisibilty I should try nailing him while he's asleep for a change.
Eilidh Brian

Return to IV - Oblivion