Fallout International

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:36 pm

I would love to see a fallout expansion or sequel that takes place entirely outside of the remains of the USA. What do you think would be an interesting location?

My thoughts:

Japan: think of it falling back into feudal times, controlled by a ghoul shogunate. Fights break out on the streets a la "Sukiyaki western Django" with katanas and guns in a new unpleasant post apocalipse. Instead of the brotherhood you have Ronin power armor wearers and fight a newly ultra national army.

Brazil: not very heavily nuked at all, it has turned into a jungle utopia on the surface and a free market nightmare right under that skin. Corporate dictators live in the main cities surrounded by cheap Favela labor and further into the jungle the tribes.

Russia: well you know... S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
James Rhead

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:41 am

Russia: well you know... S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

STALKER is actually set in Ukraine, not Russia.
Franko AlVarado

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:15 pm

Japan: think of it falling back into feudal times, controlled by a ghoul shogunate. Fights break out on the streets a la "Sukiyaki western Django" with katanas and guns in a new unpleasant post apocalipse. Instead of the brotherhood you have Ronin power armor wearers and fight a newly ultra national army.

Brazil: not very heavily nuked at all, it has turned into a jungle utopia on the surface and a free market nightmare right under that skin. Corporate dictators live in the main cities surrounded by cheap Favela labor and further into the jungle the tribes.

Normally, I'd make fun of you for the whole "Foreign Fallout" stuff. However, I particularly like your Japan idea. That could be kind of cool.

As for Brazil, how would you tell a post-apocalyptic favela from a modern one? :)
Helen Quill

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:52 pm

As for Brazil, how would you tell a post-apocalyptic favela from a modern one? :)

Instead of a city with a little bit of slum, its a slum with a little bit of city.
Samantha Mitchell

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:43 am

I'm sorry. There have been so many threads discussing this, and I just don't see Fallout working anywhere outside the US. I'm not even American, and though I'd love to see how my home country looks after the Great War, to take it outside the US you'd have to take away everything that makes Fallout, Fallout. The American 1950's theme. All the familiar Fallout items which were produced by American companies (i.e. Vault-Tec, Robco). Not to mention familiar Fallout characters and factions (Brotherhood of Steel, Enclave, even the Super Mutants).

Besides, every country has their own version of what a post-apocalyptic world would look like. S.T.A.L.K.E.R as mentioned before. Britian's Doomsday. Japan's Akira. To name a few. So there's really no need.
Queen

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:05 am

I'm sorry. There have been so many threads discussing this, and I just don't see Fallout working anywhere outside the US. I'm not even American, and though I'd love to see how my home country looks after the Great War, to take it outside the US you'd have to take away everything that makes Fallout, Fallout. The American 1950's theme. All the familiar Fallout items which were produced by American companies (i.e. Vault-Tec, Robco). Not to mention familiar Fallout characters and factions (Brotherhood of Steel, Enclave, even the Super Mutants).

Besides, every country has their own version of what a post-apocalyptic world would look like. S.T.A.L.K.E.R as mentioned before. Britian's Doomsday. Japan's Akira. To name a few. So there's really no need.

I would like to see even a terminal, news paper or some sort of data about what happened to rest of the world...
Beulah Bell

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:09 pm

I would like to see even a terminal, news paper or some sort of data about what happened to rest of the world...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkBNKa2KXZE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mcJAI6oRYY&feature=related
teeny

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:32 pm

STALKER is actually set in Ukraine, not Russia.

Chernobyl is an interesting place
Eddie Howe

Return to Fallout Series Discussion