deathclaws in boneyard

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:03 pm

ok how the heck do you kill those Deathclaws over in the boneyard (FO1)? I've tried but I keep getting thrashed, and I've got Ian and Dogmeat with me.
Sammygirl500

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:24 pm

Do you have Power Armour? It might be a good idea to pick that up first.

You would be best off making 1 shot per turn, then using the rest of your AP's to get some distance between you and the Deathclaw. Cripple their legs first, then start shooting them in the eyes.

Fight them one at a time.
remi lasisi

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:36 pm

In short, get good weapon and armour before you go. I could take them down in combat armour, but I had a plasma rifle to go with it.
Skrapp Stephens

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:31 pm

with the proper skills and equipment deathclaws are easy and by proper skills and equipment i mean an alien blaster,power armor and 200% energy weapons skill.
Code Affinity

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:42 pm

I just did this quest.

I was level 10, with Plasma Rifle bought from Gun Runners, with 100% Energy Wep skill, and could hit as much as 180 on the DeathClaws.

Going in with a simple small arms weapon can get you killed, esp. if you got low armor.
My suggestion is that you get a good armor, buy Combat Armor from Gun Runners or get Power Armor from Brotherhood (You need big Repair skill for that, made me skip the P. Armor) or alternatively just become an initate and get BoS combat armor from Michael.

Remember to enter the basemant in the Ripper building, and get the Queen and probably even the eggs that are there. The queen is tough nut, hits hard and has huge HP. A few criticals can do the job tho. Plus in basemant there is limited accuracy due to darkness. And the Queen attacks from far, so reload gun before entering the basemant.

And remember to bring Stimpaks, and even Psycho altho I never used it and don't know effects but in Youtube videos people use Psycho a lot before combat.
OTTO

Return to Fallout Series Discussion