New Character

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:18 pm

Okay, I got fed up of my other characters quite... no, very, early on. I think I have finally found the charater I'm going to roll with.
I have never RP'ed (truely) before and I think this will be the one I'll stick with. I would like to know what your opinions are on this.

Race: Breton
Class: Dark Templar
Birthsign: The Mage

Major:
Long Blade
Medium Armour
Destruction
Block
Mysticism

Minor:
Armorer
Marksman
Illusion
Security
Acrobatics

Durzo Blint was once a renowned Knights' Templar. A Holy Warrior. After two decades of Orc and Dunmer falling to his battle scarred blade and cunning tricks, he was betrayed. Betrayed by his Comrade, his Friend, his Brother. Little is known about what happened to Blint, even less about his whereabouts for the past half century. He now walks a different path.

'Ferrets' Tavern' was the chosen place. 2100hrs was the chosen time. He entered; his dark presence silenced the room as he sat down, and slowly turned as the landlord asked him, "what will it be?". Blint replied, smiling sadistically - "What will it be? Tonight, it will be a bloody tavern". Within seconds, his victims were mere corpses. He turned to the landlord, who was by now scrambling for the door to alert the guards, and gave a calculated smile. Minutes later the guards were swarming the place where Blint was sitting, hands behind his head and weapons laid out.

Blint was later shipped off to Vvardenfell for rehabilitation. On arrival in Seyda Neen, the Imperial Guards received word to set Blint free. Was it coincidence or was it a calculated move?

There's blood in the air and Blint can smell it.
meghan lock

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:26 am

So your character's role sounds like a fighter type, but you chose a race that makes strong magic users and enhanced your magicka supply with your birth sign choice. Okay, I guess you want some of both? Which two attributes do you plan on giving the 10 point boost and what is your specialty (stealth, fighter or magic)? From your skill choices, are you going for House Redoran (duty and honor) or possibly Telvanni (with your magic)? You could rise to the top of the Fighters Guild with those skills, but you'll have to improve some of your miscellaneous skills to max out any of the other factions' ranks (Mages Guild, Imperial Legion/Cult or Tribunal Temple), which is okay, it just takes you longer to improve misc. skills. Some RPers only use their Major/Minors too, so then you would really be limited in possible factions. Do you have the Adamantium Armor plug-in? Most of the medium armor available is kind of lacking. Eventually, ranged Destruction spells cancel out a need for Marksman, especially if you start it as a Major, so you might want one or the other. Good Luck!
Khamaji Taylor

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:03 am

Hmmmm i suppose if ts a character to stick and roll with then its got to be a character that you will never get bored of and wont be killed my a lockpick lol.
But the character you have arrived seems to be able to take both so if your happy im happy lol
Kelvin Diaz

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:59 pm

So your character's role sounds like a fighter type, but you chose a race that makes strong magic users

I have played Breton warriors for seven years. Bretons are the only race I pick when I play a warrior.

The OP's approach is similar to the one I am taking with my current Oblivion character. She is a Priestess, also a holy warrior, but (due to circumstances) she tends to be more amoral than your typical Paladin-type character. I've given her Sword, Heavy Armor, Block, Armorer, Destruction, Conjuration and Illusion as majors. It has been a very fun class to play, so far. When I get bored of fighting melee I switch to magic for awhile. When I get bored of magic I switch back to melee.
Irmacuba

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:20 am

Hmm, I see you read the Night Angel Triology too. I like your character, by the way
Emma Pennington

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:17 am

I'd recommend swapping Block and Marksman around, in my experience Marksman is almost unusable below 40 and if it's a minor on a Breton it's not going to be much higher than 15. Block practically raises itself. If your experiences are different to mine, feel free to ignore me. Out of interest, which Marksman weapon are you using?
jennie xhx

Return to III - Morrowind