Re-release Morrowind

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:43 pm

It works for me at least. Just avoid installing in the default folder. I heard it can cause a few problems.

thanks, but I have little experience in downloading games on a pc, the only time ive done this is when i got garrys mod and half-life 2 off steam, so, other than the default folder, where do I put it?
Alkira rose Nankivell

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:19 am

thanks, but I have little experience in downloading games on a pc, the only time ive done this is when i got garrys mod and half-life 2 off steam, so, other than the default folder, where do I put it?

The pinned threads have a section on http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/781497-vistawindows-7-problems/ You'll see a section on Install Location.
ONLY ME!!!!

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:48 am

The way I see it there is no need to re-release Morrowind thanks to the abundance of great mods up there that "update" the graphics. Use the right combination of mods and Morrowind can look as good if not a little better then Oblivion. Besides, I greatly prefer Morrowind's engine to Oblivion's just because the physics in Oblivion are beyond horrible. Anyone who had tried to decorate they're house in Oblivion knows exactly what I mean. So no, I don't need or want a re-release of Morrowind. Morrowind with a few choice mods is more then sufficient. Now as for Re-releasing Daggerfall on a modern engine, I'm all for that.
Eric Hayes

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:17 am

Morrowind had way better art, ui, writing, and so on, than any Beth game they've made since. It's likely any "update" they could come up with would be substantially worse.
Robyn Lena

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:55 pm

Redoing Morrowind using the game engine of Oblivion would be something ranging from extremely detrimental to utterly suicidal due to one important thing in Morrowind: The open cities.
The Oblivion engine has enough issues with what is within and outside of the walled cities. Can you honestly see the Oblivion engine successfully managing to not puke its framerate, or just simply CTD, when dealing with the large open cities of Caldera and Ebonheart, to say nothing of Balmora or Vivec.

Jenifur Charne
Kelly Upshall

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:52 pm

No reason to re-release it on PC. It looks better now than it did then because PCs have more horsepower.

Now on 360/PS3, maybe they could farm out a hi-res port. Same game, just joypad controls with hi-res. Probably be wise if they did not use the Xbox port though, that thing crashed left and right.
DAVId MArtInez

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:14 pm

Can you honestly see the Oblivion engine successfully managing to not puke its framerate, or just simply CTD, when dealing with the large open cities of Caldera and Ebonheart, to say nothing of Balmora or Vivec.

Yes I can...on PC. The Open Cities mod has proved that Morrowind-style open cities do not impact framerates on the PC in Oblivion any more than they did in Morrowind. Consoles, on the other hand, may be a different matter. Since we know they don't significantly affect PC framerates it is my belief that cities were taken out of the world to comply with XBox framerate requirements. (I also suspect that taking cities out of the world for the XBox may explain why the game's release was postponed).
Siidney

Post » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:34 pm

I had it for xbox. Sold all my xbox games and xbox, except morrowind. Bought xbox 360. Loved morrowind forever... Then my xbox 360 broke.

So as to avoid the high failure rate of microsoft's top seller, I bought a ps3. Only problem is, I don't have morrowind. It makes me very sad.

Anyone think they'll release morrowind as a free download like they did with arena and the other one?
Manuel rivera

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:36 am

I had it for xbox. Sold all my xbox games and xbox, except morrowind. Bought xbox 360. Loved morrowind forever... Then my xbox 360 broke.

So as to avoid the high failure rate of microsoft's top seller, I bought a ps3. Only problem is, I don't have morrowind. It makes me very sad.

Anyone think they'll release morrowind as a free download like they did with arena and the other one?

prolly......

when it stops selling.
Anna Beattie

Previous

Return to III - Morrowind