"TES3 will be set in the summerset isles!"

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:38 pm

I'm thinking about building a PC just for older games and was looking for what operating system Daggefall was made for and I stumbled across this:

"Development of TES3 is already well advanced under the stewardship of Bruce Nesmith as Chief Designer and Julian Le Fay as Chief Programmer. It is set in the province of Summurset Isle, and will run under a later release of X(n)gine, which incorporates SVGA. It will probably not be a native Windows 95 application. The (first) release date is slated for August 1997." http://www.uesp.net/dagger/faq/daginfo.shtml#sequel

I just got a laugh out of that and thought you guys might as well. Just imagine if TES3 was set in Summerset Isles...
how different things would have been. :foodndrink: I most likely wouldn't have this username on universally everything! :wacko:
steve brewin

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:09 pm

or if it was released in 1997
Cedric Pearson

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:55 am

DAGGERFALL was so amazing, you must type it in capital letters entirely.
FITTAS

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:05 am

That's funny. Oblivion was also supposed to be happening in the Summerset Isle, and all indicate that TES V will be in Skyrim. We want a TES in the Summerset Isles!
James Shaw

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:45 pm

Yea it was orignially thought to be there and the storyline was to feature helseth's sister and a deal she made with mannimarco something about her first(a quest in daggerfall eluded to this). In the daggerfall official guide it said that was going to be the plot and it wasn't her first born child.
FITTAS

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:26 pm

Yea it was orignially thought to be there and the storyline was to feature helseth's sister and a deal she made with mannimarco something about her first(a quest in daggerfall eluded to this). In the daggerfall official guide it said that was going to be the plot and it wasn't her first born child.

That is very interesting...

And @Evil Johnny maybe TES VI will be in Summerset Isles eh? Or maybe it will get ninja'd again by Argonia or something :ph34r:
DAVId MArtInez

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:18 pm

Cool story bro
patricia kris

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:46 am

That's funny. Oblivion was also supposed to be happening in the Summerset Isle, and all indicate that TES V will be in Skyrim. We want a TES in the Summerset Isles!

I was just thinking when I saw this topic that when I first heard rumors of the Elder Scrolls IV being in development, it was supposedly going to be set in the Summerset Isle. I guess that goes to show how little trust should be put in rumors about games that haven't even been announced yet, it kind of leads me to wonder about the assumption that the Elder Scrolls V will take place in Skyrim, than again, at least I know that has some sort of basis, and I can't really think of any other reason why Bethesda would copyright the name of Skyrim.
Angus Poole

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:22 am

I was just thinking when I saw this topic that when I first heard rumors of the Elder Scrolls IV being in development, it was supposedly going to be set in the Summerset Isle. I guess that goes to show how little trust should be put in rumors about games that haven't even been announced yet, it kind of leads me to wonder about the assumption that the Elder Scrolls V will take place in Skyrim, than again, at least I know that has some sort of basis, and I can't really think of any other reason why Bethesda would copyright the name of Skyrim.

Maybe instead of in Skyrim TES V will be in the Summerset Isles? Surprise! :P
Steph

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:53 am

Ha, thats funny. I was almost certain TES V would be set in the Summurset Isles too, untill I found out that gamesas copyrighted Skyrim. Oh the assumptions we make when speculating about future TES titles. :D
Breautiful

Return to III - Morrowind