Roleplaying on a computer

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:14 am

Hey guys,

Well I finally got a computer that can run Oblivion, so I switched from my 360 over to this. I was just wondering if there were any good RP paths that are based off mods. I have the Elsywer mod, but I'm not sure how to base a RP off of it. Any suggestions would be very much!
Marine x

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:03 am

This probably won't help much, but I haven't really tried any mods like that specifically for roleplaying, except the mod that makes dremora a playable race. Mostly what I've done was add mods that reduced the visibility of the UI, provided companions, made eating and resting necessary, adjusted the leveling to be less intrusive, and enhanced the environment (like adding more NPCs or sharpening graphics). Basically, made the world a little more conducive to roleplaying.

My own experience has mainly been doing the roleplay first, and working with whatever environment I had. Typically I think "I want to play a [race] [class]," then get an idea about who he or she is, and go from there, letting events unfold based according to the character's actions. If I were to start a character in Elsywer, or spend a lot of time there, he or she would either be Khajiit, or have a reason to be involved with them.

Afraid I can't help right now with offering ideas about who that character could be. Is that mod the Deserts of Anequina? I've read a bit about it, and only remember it includes some quests and other similar features, so maybe a story could develop from those...?
Music Show

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:06 am

Thanks, I think I might make a tribal skirmisher. And yes it is Deserts of Aquiena. Can you possible link the mods that make eating and drinking necessary? I have the others you mentioned but not those two.
Andres Lechuga

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:44 am

Should be these: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10798 and http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=10925.
Elisabete Gaspar

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:33 am

Perhaps this should be in the Mod forum?
remi lasisi

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:35 am

roleplaying is not about mods..

its about imagination.

I have roleplayed extensively on PS3 vanilla oblivion for upwards of 800 hours.

the best thing to do if you feel your game become stale is to start a new character.
matt oneil

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:05 am

Im saying that because it sounds like that is what he is asking for...

I personally enjoy ignoring the MQ and RP another setting such as the Empire is crumbling or I am a Fallen Paladin, ect
CArla HOlbert

Return to IV - Oblivion