Maybe I'm just missing something

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:05 am

Just another query. I know the bobbleheads are just a fun item but the barter one is holding a bottlecap. Aren't they pre-war? How did Vault-tec know what was going to be used as currency?

Also, you can find bottlecaps in pre-war safe's that shouldn't have been looted until you get there.
Kim Kay

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:08 am

Just another query. I know the bobbleheads are just a fun item but the barter one is holding a bottlecap. Aren't they pre-war? How did Vault-tec know what was going to be used as currency?

Also, you can find bottlecaps in pre-war safe's that shouldn't have been looted until you get there.

lol
Now we have to add the Nuka Cola Company to the http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?act=findpost&pid=14730018
But seriously people collect "Camel Dollars", "Cambel Soup Labels" and "Cereal Stamps" and other redeemable packaging. They keep them with all their other valuables often times too. Ever see someone stuff a "Camel Dollar" into their wallet? Maybe if you send in 1000 bottle caps they will send you a Nuka Cola Letterman Jacket and if you send in 33,500 bottlecaps you get your very own place in a Vault! Would you keep yours in a safe?
Rebecca Dosch

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:42 am

lol
Now we have to add the Nuka Cola Company to the http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?act=findpost&pid=14730018
But seriously people collect "Camel Dollars", "Cambel Soup Labels" and "Cereal Stamps" and other redeemable packaging. They keep them with all their other valuables often times too. Ever see someone stuff a "Camel Dollar" into their wallet? Maybe if you send in 1000 bottle caps they will send you a Nuka Cola Letterman Jacket and if you send in 33,500 bottlecaps you get your very own place in a Vault! Would you keep yours in a safe?

Good point and good answer. I hadn't considered that people might be collecting caps pre-war, maybe that's why they had so many to use as currency...leading to Vault-tec making the bobblehead as a joke.
Amiee Kent

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:31 pm

Good point and good answer. I hadn't considered that people might be collecting caps pre-war, maybe that's why they had so many to use as currency...leading to Vault-tec making the bobblehead as a joke.

Good questions deserve good answers and this one had me thinking carefully for several minutes. :nerd:
Maria Garcia

Previous

Return to Fallout Series Discussion