The Dark Brotherhood..!

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:29 pm

Does anyone think they will make a new dark brotherhood faction in skyrim? because i sure as hell hope they do
LuBiE LoU

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:59 am

I hope that they go back to there roots of, "We are the Morag Tong that isn't afraid to do whatever dirty work needed." over this, "FOR THE NIGHT FATHER.... YES....." junk.

But to answer your question, there will be some form of assassin faction. There always has been since Daggerfall, don't see why they would stop.
Rachie Stout

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:16 pm

I'm sure we'll have some form of assassin's "guild" I'm personally hoping for something that fits Skyrim more than the Dark Brotherhood though.
Claudia Cook

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:21 am

I also very much hope there is another assasin like guild quest line. Probably the best quest line in oblivion. Is the Dark Brotherhood more wide spread. Anybody know about their lore.

Either way I'm sure they will be a quest line similar to it.
Melanie

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:58 pm

yeah personally the dark brotherhood was the best part of oblivion for me as for quests for the most part
Batricia Alele

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:33 pm

I also very much hope there is another assasin like guild quest line. Probably the best quest line in oblivion. Is the Dark Brotherhood more wide spread. Anybody know about their lore.

Either way I'm sure they will be a quest line similar to it.

Apparently they can be found all over Tamriel. I think Morrowind is the only place they can't gain a foothold, due to competition with the Morag Tong.
..xX Vin Xx..

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:27 am

i would love to see some form of cause and effect in this game... i.e. having both the Dark Brotherhood and Morag Tong in game but allying with one will cause you to lose favour with the others. also possibly having quests that involve attacking members of the other faction depending on who you ally with.
Laura

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:46 pm

I hope that they go back to there roots of, "We are the Morag Tong that isn't afraid to do whatever dirty work needed." over this, "FOR THE NIGHT FATHER.... YES....." junk.

But to answer your question, there will be some form of assassin faction. There always has been since Daggerfall, don't see why they would stop.
Actually sir, they were mentioned in Arena. Not that there was a showing, only a mention.

I would rather have the Brotherhood be a determining hand though, with an agenda to steer the country through death by taking the contracts they want and killing the people who offer them contracts they don't.
Hilm Music

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:53 am

i would love to see some form of cause and effect in this game... i.e. having both the Dark Brotherhood and Morag Tong in game but allying with one will cause you to lose favour with the others. also possibly having quests that involve attacking members of the other faction depending on who you ally with.

Yea this is what i hope aswell. But not only with the Dark BrotherHood and Morag Tong. But then with more such things like. Mage Guild, Necromancy,
Annick Charron

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:50 am

Couldn't you make a contract and send your assassin to Skyrim in Oblivion after the Dark Brotherhood Questline was finished ?

- Hint that you could be joining the Brotherhood

''All Hail the Night Mother''
Kayleigh Mcneil

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:03 am

Was the assassin faction in daggerfall the dark brotherhood?

Apparently they can be found all over Tamriel. I think Morrowind is the only place they can't gain a foothold, due to competition with the Morag Tong.

Great so it's very likely we will see them (hidden in dark places) In Skyrim
Harry Hearing

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:55 am

Was the assassin faction in daggerfall the dark brotherhood?

Yup.

Yea this is what i hope aswell. But not only with the Dark BrotherHood and Morag Tong. But then with more such things like. Mage Guild, Necromancy,

The Mages Guild can be the clients of the Dark Brotherhood actually.
The only rivals the Dark Brotherhood could have is a rival assassin guild, like the Morag Tong. But since the DB is already well established in the rest of the provinces, other than Morrowind, they pretty much control the blood money contracts.
And the Law knows well enough to stay clear of them, unless some fanatic guard captain want them down anyways. (Which will result in his eventual death ;) )

Guilds and nobles alike call on the Dark Brotherhood. They're just business men whose business is assassination. Okay, so they don't care if it's a noble, a child or an old woman, but still. :P Business men with an honest trade.

In fact, in Daggerfall, you can be the assassin who will kill renegade mages on behalf of the Mages Guild and even kill Mages Guild members, on behalf again of someone from the Mages Guild.
Vicki Blondie

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:10 am

Best part of the game IMO. I wished it was longer, and there were more things you could do. Being bad is so much more fun that being good.
Sheila Esmailka

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:11 am

Best part of the game IMO. I wished it was longer, and there were more things you could do. Being bad is so much more fun that being good.

Yes. In this one, you better have at least 20 killing contracts.
Rudi Carter

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:42 am

I know the Morag Tong can only legally operate in Morrowind, but I can still hope, I much preferred them to the Dark Brotherhood.

The Morag Tong missions where you had to find a hut out in the middle of nowhere were totally awesome, using only hand written directions and a map to find your target.
Stryke Force

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:08 am

Killing for fun and profit, by the order of your superior in the dark brotherhood is great and I want the quest line to be much longer.

You should also be able to jon the Necromancers guild which would also involve killing, or rather taking alive to dungeons. Inside your crypts would be all sorts of dark rituals with the victims...
Marcia Renton

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:31 am

The dark brotherhood really made the game for me I hope its longer in Skyrim I did enjoy the storyline it would be nice for a couple of quests where you have to kill a small faction of Assassins
Joanne Crump

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:55 am

I hope the Dark Brotherhood returns. I liked the way the guild was illegal, and you had to use stealth and cunning to carry out your contracts if you wanted to go un-noticed.

In Morrowind, you could just bludgeon some guy to death in the middle of the street and hold up a piece of paper to get away scot-free.
tegan fiamengo

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:25 pm

I loved the Dark Brotherhood.
The atmosphere, lore, quests, everything was amazing.
I'd love to see them return.
NeverStopThe

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:44 am

The Dark Brotherhood was amazing! Love to see them return.
Scotties Hottie

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:35 pm

Well Skyrim is the birthplace of the Dark Brotherhood so i would assume so.

" More is known about the exact date of the formation of the Dark Brotherhood. In 2E 358 a note was found beneath the floorboards of an abandoned house in the Nordic village of Jallenheim. Depicting a war going on between two shadowy organizations, scholars speculate that this note is a rare piece evidence about the war between the Morag Tong and its hated offshoot, the Dark Brotherhood. This would make this note the first recorded evidence about the existence of the Dark Brotherhood."
Devin Sluis

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:44 pm

I'd be pissed if there wasn't one.
HARDHEAD

Return to V - Skyrim