I have a question about a mod.

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:39 am

What does NOM stand for ? I downloaded one of Princess Stompers mods that is NOM compatible and i want to download NOM but i have no idea what it means.
Phillip Brunyee

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:19 pm

Necessities of Morrowind. I believe it's a mod that requires you to eat and drink to survive. It's quite popular.
jennie xhx

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:53 pm

Necessities of Morrowind. I believe it's a mod that allows you to eat. It's quite popular.

Thank you.
amhain

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:35 pm

I dont understand people sometimes. Why make a thread about this? I just typed in "morrowind nom" on google and right at the top was the answer.
Anthony Rand

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:37 pm

Necessities of Morrowind. I believe it's a mod that allows you to eat and drink to survive. It's quite popular.

I believe it actually requires you to eat, drink, and rest in order to survive. It makes gameplay quite different, so be sure you back up your save, just in case you decide you want to take it out later.

Edit: Also, as I recall, there's some specific rules about where it goes in your load order, so also be certain to read the readme, else it might not work correctly.
Leticia Hernandez

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:14 pm

I dont understand people sometimes. Why make a thread about this? I just typed in "morrowind nom" on google and right at the top was the answer.

Was that really necessary? The forums are here for questions just like the OP.
Hannah Whitlock

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:59 pm

yea, without threads like these I'd dare to say that this forum would be far slower!
Everardo Montano

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:47 pm

It's a fair question, Nikki - no need to be mean about it - and I'd have thought "nom" is more likely to bring you up a lolcat than anything useful.

Necessities of Morrowind is a "survival mod" that requires you to eat/drink/sleep for added realism. It adds in new foods and drinks, which adds variety, along with cooking instruments and portable fireplaces and bedrolls.

An "NOM-compatible" mod normally means that the mod is designed to work with NOM but doesn't actually require you to use the mod in order to be able to play. So if you used one of my (or Korana's or anyone else's) mods that are listed as "NOM compatible", you don't have to download anything else, but if you do happen to have NOM then it gives you a little extra added functionality. There are few things more annoying than arriving on an island, suffering from thirst, and not being able to find a scripted well to use. That's why many modders add that stuff in - and also why you might sometimes see activators that don't seem to do anything, because they only actually work if you have NOM plugged in.
dav

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:49 pm

It's a fair question, Nikki - no need to be mean about it - and I'd have thought "nom" is more likely to bring you up a lolcat than anything useful.

Necessities of Morrowind is a "survival mod" that requires you to eat/drink/sleep for added realism. It adds in new foods and drinks, which adds variety, along with cooking instruments and portable fireplaces and bedrolls.

An "NOM-compatible" mod normally means that the mod is designed to work with NOM but doesn't actually require you to use the mod in order to be able to play. So if you used one of my (or Korana's or anyone else's) mods that are listed as "NOM compatible", you don't have to download anything else, but if you do happen to have NOM then it gives you a little extra added functionality. There are few things more annoying than arriving on an island, suffering from thirst, and not being able to find a scripted well to use. That's why many modders add that stuff in - and also why you might sometimes see activators that don't seem to do anything, because they only actually work if you have NOM plugged in.

I downloaded NOM and i have to say it will take some time for me to get used to it.
suzan

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:42 am

Sorry, I guess I was just thinking out loud...

...and then using my fingers to type the thought in a very deliberate fashion. Happens to me all the time. :)
Brandon Bernardi

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:58 pm

I downloaded NOM and i have to say it will take some time for me to get used to it.

Its not so bad actually, and the scripts aren't terrible to adjust either if you need to add items from other mods to the available foods list (I have done so myself with all my builds). If you need any help with such a matter, feel free to get in contact with me and I can help you out.
Danger Mouse

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:51 pm

I believe it actually requires you to eat, drink, and rest in order to survive. It makes gameplay quite different, so be sure you back up your save, just in case you decide you want to take it out later.

Edit: Also, as I recall, there's some specific rules about where it goes in your load order, so also be certain to read the readme, else it might not work correctly.

That's what I meant :P I was tired and couldn't be bothered to correct it at the time.
Laura Cartwright

Return to III - Morrowind