Fallout 3 Super Mutants

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:14 pm

deleted!
Emzy Baby!

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:06 pm

Fallout Tactics explains how Supermutants and the BOS both ended up heading eastward to varying degrees. It is possible they all continued doing so at time passed.

I won't say much more as that would be a spoiler for any interested in playing FOT-BOS.
GRAEME

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:19 pm

Fallout Tactics explains how Supermutants and the BOS both ended up heading eastward to varying degrees. It is possible they all continued doing so at time passed.

The FO3 mutants are not the remnants of the Master's army, unlike the ones in FO1, FO2 and Tactics. They originated on the East Coast, in Vault 87.
sally coker

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:23 pm

They were created in one of the vaults as an experiment, and they escaped... fun times...
Clea Jamerson

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:46 am

I just have to say that having never played any other Fallout game, learning what Vault-Tec did with the inhabitants disturbed me. Even more so when I realized they were the cause of the mutants in the DC ruins. As for Fawkes not thinking there were any other intelligent Super Mutants, realize he had been in that room since he was transformed and so wouldn't really have any idea of the organization of the Super Mutant society. It's also possible that there are rooms where we simply can't get to in 87 and that's where the transformations take place with any stores of FEV still left.
Rachyroo

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:57 pm

I think its very likely at least one Bethesda expansion will cover the super mutants and one thing I would mention about Vault 87 is you didn't get to see all of it, the enclave caught you coming from the area that was locked before so there is no way to know for sure what was there. I also think it seems likely there may be a few more supermutants who remain intelligent, I think they had probably relocated for some reason, I just hope they don't pull a new master type character out if they do put in an expansion covering the supermutants.
Sammie LM

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:04 pm

Fawkes claims in his dialogue to still be a "man" with intelligence which would mean he still maintains his "manhood". I believe he should be exterminated, since he could potentially impregnate anyone or anything he puts his horse-rod in.
Jonny

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:38 am

This is highly doubtful. The reason Fawkes should be extermined is that he's a total jerk in the ending. "I could do this and survive because I'm immune to radiations, but you're the hero, I don't want to steal your thunder, so go die gallantly in the nukage."
Sophie Payne

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:06 am

This is highly doubtful. The reason Fawkes should be extermined is that he's a total jerk in the ending. "I could do this and survive because I'm immune to radiations, but you're the hero, I don't want to steal your thunder, so go die gallantly in the nukage."

*Confused* When I asked Fawkes to do it he was like "Of course I will do it because I'm immune to radation" so he went in there and solved everything ... He refused in yours? ^^
katsomaya Sanchez

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:36 pm

Hah svcks for you. He never reufsed to offer to grab the GECK for me. Actually, I asked Charon to do it, which he went to do, then asked Fawkes, and Fawkes refused.
Mike Plumley

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:59 am

*Confused* When I asked Fawkes to do it he was like "Of course I will do it because I'm immune to radation" so he went in there and solved everything ... He refused in yours? ^^

Look at the date on the reply... :slap: ... thread-necro (that's the term for guys who re-start a thread that's been abandoned for more than a few weeks.)

It was posted before long before Broken Steel was released... or even a rumor. Almost everyone on the forums now (except the PS3 users) have Broken Steel, which extends the Main Quest.
electro_fantics

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:21 pm

From all the talk about where do the Super Mutants come from the one thing I can't work out is where do all these keep comeing from to keep Little Lamplight running becuse when they get to old they get kick out?
Jennifer Rose

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:55 pm

Look at the date on the reply... :slap: ... thread-necro (that's the term for guys who re-start a thread that's been abandoned for more than a few weeks.)

It was posted before long before Broken Steel was released... or even a rumor. Almost everyone on the forums now (except the PS3 users) have Broken Steel, which extends the Main Quest.

Oh jeez... Sorry, I didn't notice :bigsmile:
Genevieve

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:24 pm

In reference to the whole FEV Vats thing. I do recall passing through a room in the Vault that had a green glow and I think some flasks and other stuff there. So it's possible that there are still samples of the FEV left.
Laura Hicks

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:42 am

Yeah, Vault 87 was experimenting with the FEV, which is what lead to the rise of the DC Super Mutants.

The real question is where are the FEV Vats of Vault 87, and where do the Super Mutants take their captives in the DC Ruins?

Perhaps the answer is among the ruins, somewhere...

It's easy to find Super Mutants with captive, they're scattered mostly. There at places like clifftop shacks and germantown
His Bella

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:34 am

Somehow the massive hordes (but scattered presence) of Super Mutants all came from Vault 87, which doesn't make any sense at all. How there were so many produced is a mystery.
Vickytoria Vasquez

Previous

Return to Fallout Series Discussion