Looking for Ashland Tree Replacer

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:11 am

Are there any good ashland tree re placers other than Vurt's excellent work? His tree's, while awesome are a bit to big and cause path finding issues.
Undisclosed Desires

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:58 am

If that's your only complaint, you might be able to whip out NifSkope and scale them down. ;)
brian adkins

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:59 am

If that's your only complaint, you might be able to whip out NifSkope and scale them down. ;)

I do so love the easy way out though. :P They are also a bit alien looking (I know I'm just nit picking). BTW, thanks again on the help earlier peachykeen.
BlackaneseB

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:34 am

P_K Can you please write a quick walk through of how to do this.
Lizs

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:22 am

I don't have NifSkope in front of me, so I can only approximate the steps from memory (so if I'm wrong, it's not my fault :P).

Basically, you want to open the mesh in NifSkope.
Find the main section (click on it in NifSkope's render window).
The tree in the left panel will expand, showing you what you just clicked.
Right click that item in the tree (it should be an NiTriShape, but might be an NiNode), and click edit transforms (I think that's the option).
It'll open a box with a few inputs for position, angle, and scale. Increase/decrease the scale, then hit ok.
Go back to the tree view, right click and hit apply transforms. The render should change.

If this makes other things look off, you can go to their transforms and change the scale and/or position to match.

Don't try to edit the transforms on the main NiNode, nothing will happen in Morrowind. I'm not sure if you can edit NiNodes at all (and have it effect things), so you might have to edit each NiTriShape.
amhain

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:21 am

Didn't he release a smaller version already? Ah yes, it was "Vurts_Ashtree_Replacer_Short_Version_-29399", which is what I was using.
Guy Pearce

Return to III - Morrowind