How come the West coast recovered faster than the East?

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:18 am

What does FO1 have? An organized Super Mutant presence, and Vault City. That's about it, aside from some traders, raiders, and the odd settlement.

Did you even play FO1?

Vault City (8) was not in FO1 for starters.

I'd hardly call Junktown, Adytum, or the Hub "The odd Settlement". These cities had a defense force and population on par, if not bigger, than Megaton's or Rivet City. The Caravaners were stronger and much more developed than the "One Man Bands" in FO3. Heck, FO1 even had a an organisation with a working munitions/weapons factory (the gun runners).

Project Purity was a single project by a few Scientists - Do you really want to compare this to the main BOS Stronghold?
Alex [AK]

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:25 am

Because Fallout 3 would run too slow on older machines.
Melanie Steinberg

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:09 am

Sure there was, the Super Mutants on the east coast came from Vault 82 not from Mariposa. The Vault 82 Super Mutants aren't as big of a threat as the Mariposa batches, though.

....uh-huh.
Bek Rideout

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:51 pm

....uh-huh.

What's that supposed to mean? It's pointed out in Fallout 3 that the Super Mutants come from Vault 82 (or was it 87?).

And the Mariposa batches WERE tougher and generally more intelligent.
April

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:36 am

What's that supposed to mean? It's pointed out in Fallout 3 that the Super Mutants come from Vault 82 (or was it 87?).

And the Mariposa batches WERE tougher and generally more intelligent.

I think it was 87, although I never understood why there are so many of them if the FEV is depleted or almost gone.

The West Coast recovered due to the intervention of the Vault Dweller. Once Fallout 2 rolled around, the West Coast rebuilt way faster than the towns in Fallout 3. However, it also has to do something with the fact that there are two major military forces in the area (NCR, Brotherhood of Steel). Also if I'm not mistaken, the Enclave also wiped out a significant portion of the Super Mutant remnants at Mariposa during their excavations.
Luna Lovegood

Previous

Return to Fallout Series Discussion