[RELz] Improved Character Generation

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:49 pm

Hi folks!

I made a little work to translate a plugin I made in french. This one just allows you to create a high-level character directly in the beginning, respecting the game system : It's more aimed to testers or things like that, than to cheating purposes.

Well, I make a copy of the readme here, so you can see how it works. If interested, the file is available http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=461470&id=8237 (Planet Elder Scrolls) or http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=29817 (TESNexus)! Please give feedback if you check it out. :)

Improved Character Generation, v1.0
by Inari
-

Tribunal and/or Bloodmoon not required

----->

Improved Character Generation allow you to go further when creating a character, by choosing any level directly, allowing to raise your skills and attributes just as a standard levelling would do (with a single difference : minor skills also count towards level rise, since Morrowind scripting can't make the difference). You can directly gain up to 50 levels when starting.

The plugin also allows you character to be given starting equipment according to its level. Not only equipment, but also spells and enchants for your equipment. Concerning spells, they won't fit to everybody since we have different habits, but the idea is to give most of the possible effects, to make creation easier after. About enchantments, there are limited possibilities, please consider saving before choosing, in case you don't feel satisfied.

Improved generation takes some time, to spend all your skill and attributes points (just imagine if you were taking 50 levels directly!), so it's advised to take your time to choose and build your character correctly, then save it. This plugin is not designed for cheating, nor for roleplay. It's more a tool that easiers the task when testing large quests mods that require a given level : You are thus able to create a character that fits the requirements.

Install plugin in you Data files folder and tick the .esp before starting the game. A new game with a standard beginning (Seyda Neen) is required. Once out after Sellus Gravius' talk, you will be able to meet Nanawi in the warehouse. She will take care of the improved generation of you character.

Please note : My mothertongue is not english, I'm french and I made the translation for you, so please forgive me if there are language mistakes as I haven't been proofread for this mod.

I accept all your ideas, or critics, if they can help making the mod better! Thanks in advance.

----->

Thanks to :

- Malhuin and Elterin for testing.

Isabell Hoffmann

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:09 pm

Selon-moi, ce semble tr?s int?ressant. J'ai ?t? pr?sent? ? TES avec Daggerfall, et c'est toujours mon favori de la s?rie - et je pense que ton projet est semblable ? le processus du <> dans ce jeu. :)

Je ne peux pas t?l?charger le mod maintenant, mais je veux l'obtenir bientot.

Uhh yeah, I actually have English as my native language, but I couldn't resist. :lol:
Spooky Angel

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:17 pm

Very useful! I lsot my save and i don't want to replay all the way up! Thank you!
candice keenan

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:13 am

Thanks. :) I have noticed a couple details that I might fix as soon as possible : When enchanting daggers, buffs are inverted, asking for magic one will give sneak and vice versea. Apart from that, if you make a really high level character, you can rise attributes and skills above 100. Ok, if you don't look for cheat and stay vigilant, that won't be a real problem, and you can use the plugin to make what expected : A character levelled just as the game would do. :)
Queen Bitch

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:35 pm

Thank you for sharing this, Inari.
It sounds interesting and useful. :thumbsup:
Len swann

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:42 pm

Thanks for your interest, people! I try to do my best.

The mod is http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=461470&id=8237 if you prefer (I'm editing the first post to give both links). There will be a new version later, including :

- More misc items/alchemy/soulgems to easier the start cause it tends to be needed... :/ Well at least you're given money according to chosen level to buy things.
- Impossibility to raise skills or attributes above 100.
- Fix for short blades enchanting.

Other good ideas are welcomed! I will make my best to include them, so please tell me what you think. :)
XPidgex Jefferson

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:33 am

ICG goes v1.1 with the following changes :

-A few spelling mistakes have been fixed. The header is translated to english as well.
-Attributes and skills cannot be raised above 100.
-You are given various consumables when choosing your level.
-Buffs are no longer inverted when enchanting short blades.

Download links are the same than before. :)

Enjoy!
Inari.
Maddy Paul

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:47 pm

Selon-moi, ce semble tr?s int?ressant. J'ai ?t? pr?sent? ? TES avec Daggerfall, et c'est toujours mon favori de la s?rie - et je pense que ton projet est semblable ? le processus du <> dans ce jeu. :)

Let me guess:

"Oh, my, this seems quite interesting. I was presented to the TES-series through Daggerfall, and it is to this day my favourite in the series - and I thought a project of making a Character Creation-system that resembles that to be quite great."

Or something. I'm Norwegian, and have never taken a French-course. :P

Anyway, good idea, Inari, this will probably be a great help for modders and testers. :)
Kay O'Hara

Return to III - Morrowind