WIP Unique Cities

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:15 pm

Maybe make the city look very wind-worn on the top, and have it be mainly underground, away from the ash-storms. A question, will this be compatible with LGNPC?

I think all he is doing is relocating the npcs so it should be fine, apart from terrible misdirection, but that's not very uncommon.
Love this project, but you are working on very many mods/resources atm!
all of which I'm eagerly awaiting, I just hope you don't end up swamped!
xx_Jess_xx

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:14 pm

I won't change any NPCs or NPCs' dialogue, but as ISGC already said I will have to relocate most of the NPCs on the exteriors. Just tested canyon in CS and it's so huge, I even had to remove mountains in that area. I took the complete city of Ald' Rhun and moved it up and away in the sky into another cell besides the canyon, so I can relocate door markers and such piece by piece.

Question,: What happens to door markers when you move them into another cell, different from their original teleport place, do they update automatically or is my mod already buggy cause I did so?! :(

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9954/canyon01g.jpg

@ISGC: My mod ressource "Unique Places" is already done about 80%, I could release it any day as a pure ressource and in about some weeks I could make it a playable plugin though. So there is no worries it won't get finished. If someone utterly needs a special mesh of it to continue a mod, he may contact me any time and I may send him the required meshes!!! ;)

As I was always working on several projects simultanious in the past, this is business as usual for me, Lol!!! :)

TheDaywalker :rock:
Darlene DIllow

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:41 pm

Is that canyon mesh going to use vanilla textures? It kind of sticks out like a sore thumb right now. The model itself looks great, though :D
Roy Harris

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:58 pm

No, I won't use vanilla textures, cause there isn't any texture having that cracky rock style I want. I will add further rocks with same texture and make some custom ground textures that will fade out slowly into the surrounding terrain.

kitten maciver

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:49 am

I really think that Molag Mar needs some serious work, even if it is just a face lift. Personally I would like to see some additions or remodeling of Molag Mar. The only reason I even go near that place is because of Carnithus' Armamentarium is a jump hop and a skip away from the silt strider.
Laura Shipley

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:57 pm

Vivec, it should have way more in it than it originally does, on my 1st visit ever, I was sure there will be some quest about people disappearing or something in the line! I was pretty much surprised when I realized this ghost town is as it is.

I also vote for new town, even tho I make towns myself, and having you as rival is definitively not good :P I still wanna see what would you come up with, since you're one crazy modeler Daywalker :)

Haven't read all posts but seems you decided for Ald'Ruhn (which would be my next vote after the mentioned 2), so I'll eagerly wait to see your ideas on it. :hehe:
Project

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:48 am

Sry guys, poll is already over, mabe I should open up a new thread and request this one to be closed, so there is no further misleading!!! :)

@Chaka ZG: No rivalry!!! ;) Each modder has his own unique style and even I don't wanna see everything in MW made the Daywalker way!!! :)

PS: Can this thread please be closed!!! :)

Adriana Lenzo

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:03 pm

For information, click on the Report button (below your avatar) and ask a moderator to close the thread.
Charlotte Henderson

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:08 pm

Sry guys, poll is already over, mabe I should open up a new thread and request this one to be closed, so there is no further misleading!!! :)

@Chaka ZG: No rivalry!!! ;) Each modder has his own unique style and even I don't wanna see everything in MW made the Daywalker way!!! :)

Although I was a little confused on whether you were going to change just tilesets OR make some more extensive changes to Ald'Ruhn, I think that you ought to at least be aware that as of mid 2008, there were 203 mods in the PES archives that make changes to something in Ald'Ruhn's exteriors so are potentially conflicting mods depending on what you want to do (see MMGUM at http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=Mods.Detail&id=6000). If you make extensive changes that may potentially break quests that are part of some other users gameplay of mods, it may cause your mod to have poor utilization by the community. Just so you know. That is one of the reasons that my vote was for a new city. Not trying to discourage you - I believe all modders should mod away to their hearts content - just wanted to let you know that if your reason for placing a mod available to the public is for others to use it, many with that goal have found disappointment because they didn't take into consideration what may conflict.
Katie Louise Ingram

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:44 pm

Honestly, how should I take care to make my mod not conflict with 203 other mods, don't wanna work on that project till end of days, lol!!! :) Anyway, I don't worry much about less utilisation, cause I will make my mod the best one out of those 203!!! ;)

Mr. Allen

Previous

Return to III - Morrowind