Missing Francesco's Meshes?

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:35 pm

I have a working uFCOM setup, and followed all the latest install instructions from the FCOM thread to a T.

Once in a while, I will see missing weapon meshes and icons (for orcish sapats and other minor weapons). FormID Finder tells me that they are missing meshes from the "data/meshes/weapons/Francesco" folder, and the associated mod is Francesco's Optional Items Addon. I looked, and found that there is no such folder in the Oblivion/data folder.

I reinstalled the Optional Items addon and did the whole uFCOM setup again, bashied patch and all at the end. Still missing meshes, and the same location referred to.

Question: Should I have a "data/meshes/weapons/Francesco" folder once I am done installing? I am using the latest Francesco (I think 4.5b or something). Please advise.
Poetic Vice

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:56 pm

No, you should have a BSA file call FraNewItems.bsa, if I recall correctly.

If it's not loading, rename it to "FCOM_Convergence - FraNewItems.bsa" and it will work correctly.
Gemma Flanagan

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:11 am

Thanks for the quick reply showler - also, I also found something related on the FCOM thread; http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1075069&st=0&p=15646191&#entry15646191

essentially, Darklydreaming mentioned that :

Also makes sure FraNewItems.bsa is loaded in the Oblivion.ini, it should look something like this:
SArchiveList=ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated!.bsa, Oblivion - Meshes.bsa, Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa, Oblivion - Sounds.bsa, Oblivion - Voices1.bsa, Oblivion - Voices2.bsa, Oblivion - Misc.bsa, FraNewItems.bsa

Do you think that should work without renaming the bsa file?
A Lo RIkIton'ton

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:02 am

Thanks for the quick reply showler - also, I also found something related on the FCOM thread; http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1075069&st=0&p=15646191&#entry15646191

essentially, Darklydreaming mentioned that :

Do you think that should work without renaming the bsa file?

Yes, adding it to the ini works. Easier to change the name of the bsa, though (plus you don't have to redo it if you have to delete/rebuild the ini).
SUck MYdIck

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:06 pm

Thanks Arkngt, showler, DarklyDreaming, and of course, the FCOM team!!! I'll try the renaming. Should it be renamed to: "FCOM_Convergence - FraNewItems.bsa" exactly - are the spaces, dots and dashes in the correct place?
Amiee Kent

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:03 am

That's the one I use, because it matches the scheme Bethesda used for their own bsa files, but the only important part is the "FCOM_Convergence" at the start.

Be careful about the ".bsa" at the end, though. If Windows has "hide known extensions" turned on it you have to leave that part off. In Windows 7, when you highlight the name it intentionally skips that bit. If you aren't careful it will end up as "FCOM_Convergence - FraNewItems.bsa.bsa"

Though, actually, that would work too.
Veronica Martinez

Return to IV - Oblivion