The Mesa Kindred

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:40 am

My name is Ivor Skar. My purpose is to erase a plague upon the wasteland known as the Mesa Kindred. The reason for this? They destroyed my home, "The Harbor." I don't know why they did this. I don't care why they did it! All I know is vengeance. I'm on my way to the Capital Wasteland with a trade caravan. I've heard that the Kindred where spotted in that area. I'm still not sure why I decided to start keeping a journal. Who knows maybe it will be of use to some one some day.

Hello people of the forums. This is my first Fan-Fic. The reason I haven't started writing my story yet is because I still need a few characters. Would you mind providing them? So far I need a marksman and medic as "good" characters their back stories need to end with them joining up with Ivor Skar in his fight against the Mesa Kindred for some reason or another. I also need three characters who will be the Mesa Kindred leaders. They need to be either human, ghoul or cyborg. First come first serve. If I need more characters I'll say so. I'd prefer one of the good characters be a female human. Anyway, here would be the character sheet for the characters, I'm using Ivor as an example:

Name: Ivor Skar

Race: Human, Caucasian

Appearance: Tall Pale with an eye-patch over his left eye. He has untidy black hair and a thick beard. He's dressed in a Merc Troublemaker Outfit. With a Chinese Assault Rifle on his back. He has an old Pip-Boy 1000 strapped around his right arm.

Items: Chinese Assault Rifle, .556 rounds, his clothes (see above), a bag of chips, and some water.

Skills:Repair, Small Guns, Explosives

Back story: Born in the ruins of Bar Harbor, Maine. He lived a happy life of scavenging and survival in "The Harbor" despite the nuclear winters. That was until a group called the "Mesa Kindred" (or mountain tribe) attacked and destroyed "The Harbor." After Ivor pulled himself free the wreckage he swore revenge on the monsters who destroyed his home. He recently gained information that the Mesa Kindred have moved their operations to the Capital Wasteland. He is currently on his way there to hunt down the Mesa Kindred.

Please reply soon. Hopefully I'll be able to start tomorrow.
Tammie Flint

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:39 am

Well it doesn't seem that anyone has anything to contribute...
I guess I'll have to make my own characters soon.
Petr Jordy Zugar

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:15 pm

Name: Zhong Ivory Smith

Race: Human, African-American

Appearance: Roughly six-foot-one. Has tried to stay clean shaven, but always appears to have grown back a stubble mere minutes after shaving. Bald with a Dirty Chinese Jumpsuit and a Chinese pistol on his side. An empty (almost no gas) old Chinese Assault Rifle; clean and sturdy is slinged around his shoulders.

Items: Chinese Assault Rifle, 20x10mm bullets, his clothes (see above), enough water to last him about three days, and suspicious Yao Guai Meat he had retrieved after wasting his only 37 rounds on a persistent Yao Guai who got the jump on him.

Skills: Small Guns, Lockpick, and Speech.

Back story: Born in the northern-tundra of Canada, Zhong was the great-grandson of an American Ambassador captured by the Chinese during the Sino-American War. He himself did not know how he came to be or much of his lineage, simply because information had been lost along the way down. His parents died when he was 9, and Zhong was taken in by raiders for a time, and left them on his own free will. At twenty he had tried to settle down after migrating south, and even found himself a lady-friend. However, fate would not have it that he have a semi-happy life. His wife died in labor, as did his child. He grew bitter, and withdrew himself from the little piece of society that still existed. Alone in desolate unknown U.S territory, Zhong blended with crowds and groups of Survivors...until he found himself in the Capitol Wasteland.
Khamaji Taylor

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:02 pm

Hi everyone sorry I haven't written in a while, I was a bit preoccupied with the holidays.

Redati: I need to know if your character is good or evil. If he's good then I'm going to have to write a bit about how he and Ivor met. If he's evil you need to write how he joined the Mesa Kindred. If you don't feel up to it I'll do it.

*Name: Alex "axe" (doesn't no last name)
*Race: non-feral ghoul
*appearance: Brotherhood of steel Armour without arm plates showing rotting arms w/gloves also you can see old vault dweller sleeves cut off at elbows.
*Items: Sniper w/ scope no bullets, food & water, rusty brass knuck...

ayaaxe: Can you please post your character here because ,as you can see, it gets cut off in the assistant. Thanks for the characters so far. Bye :)

Edit: My mistake I forgot to view ayaaxe's message in my inbox instead of assistant. Here's his guy:
*Name: Alex "axe" (doesn't no last name)
*Race: non-feral ghoul
*appearance: Brotherhood of steel Armour without arm plates showing rotting arms w/gloves also you can see old vault dweller sleeves cut off at elbows.
*Items: Sniper w/ scope no bullets, food & water, rusty brass knuckles and old vault dweller clothes
*skills: lock picking, small guns, melee and picking up heavy items.
*history: born in vaults when 18 ventured out into the wastelands in search of adventure joined brotherhood of steel but went into highly radiated zone turning him into non-feral ghoul keeping his armour but quiting brotherhood of steel he lost his sleeves in battle.

Once again, ayaaxe, I need to know if he's good or evil.
phillip crookes

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:53 am

Thanks for the message Redati, I'll start on the story today. I guess I'll come up with my own medic character. Is there any specific place you'd want Ivor and Zhong to meet? If not I'm going to use Rivet city. I'll probably post the medic sheet in a little while.
Jessie Rae Brouillette

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:04 pm

This is an RP right?
Rachael Williams

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:05 pm

(PS I've been having some computer problems so I my have some large gaps of time between my posts.)
Dustin Brown

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:33 am

Good to see that I finally have a medic:

Name: Alexander Edwards

Race: Tanned (Lol I couldn't resist) Male

Appearance: About 6'5", Muscular build, no hair ( :o ), he wears a suit of brotherhood power armor without the helmet.

Items: Sledge hammer, .44 magnum, .44 rounds, water and some cooked meat.

Skills: Medical, Unarmed and Big Guns.

(He's a medic btw :P . Do I say how you met him? (He's good) Or do you?)

ForceMunkeE: You need to write the backstory on how he met Ivor (if you don't want to tell me.)

ayaaxe: If you don't reply soon then Alex will be used as an evil character!
NEGRO

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:00 pm

sorry i went on holidays im back now so anyways if i can be can i be the leader of the mesa kindred? if i cant i will happily be good or high ranking (in the mesa kindred) evil :D
Quick draw II

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:21 am

Hey guys, sorry I've been gone for a while. Computer troubles... my rig is a crap-burger. Anyway I checked my inbox and found these:

Name: Averia Lee

Race: Asian female

Nickname: Ave

Description: Ave is fairly attractive , not drop dead gourgeous but pretty in a tomgirl sort of way. She has long black hair constantly kept in a tight pony tail and tucked through the back of her black pre war Baseball cap. She stands only 5 oot 2 inches but acts as if she was 7 foot tall. she wears battered talon company combat armor with the talon marked out with black paint and replaced with a stylized bullet emblazoned in red in its place. She carries a well maintained and customized 10mm smg and a .32 revolver.attached to her right thigh is a small pack with repair tools and attached to her belt behind her back is a small first aid kit.

Tag Skills: Small guns, Medicine, Repair.

Alliance. Good.
History. Ave has wandered the dc ruins since her mother died 10 years ago. Recently she ran afoul of a band of raiders that managed to get the drop on her. She barely escaped and dragged her self to the edge of the downtown ruins and is curently attempting to heal enough to make her way to the super duper mart for supplies.

I'll probably have the characters run into her somewhere in DC. Thanks Ruinhound!

Oh sorry here's the back back story:

Alex was from The Harbor and was a friend of Ivor's when The Harbor was attacked Ivor and Alex escaped but were separated. Alex vowed to find Ivor and avenge his people. After years of wondering Alex finally came upon a battle he knew that one side was the Mesa Kindred so he of course wanting revenge fought them. After the battle he noticed one of the travelers looked familiar so he walked up to him and asked.... "Ivor?"

Thank you ForceMunkE. It seems that I now have Ivor's Complete team! Now I need somebases for the kindred to inhabit. I've been looking around DC in the game and I went up there over the holidays, I'm starting to get some Ideas for bases. If anyone has a recommendation from the game or real life speak now. See you soon (I hope... :shakehead: )
Taylor Bakos

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:29 pm

sorry i went on holidays im back now so anyways if i can be can i be the leader of the mesa kindred? if i cant i will happily be good or high ranking (in the mesa kindred) evil :D

So you're fine with him being evil ayaxe? Ok I'll rewrite his backstory so he seems more evil.
Katie Samuel

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:17 am

Paradise Falls?

They could have killed the slavers and the slaves... or enslaved the slaves hah.
Andy durkan

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:20 am

Name: General Hong Tao

Race: Human, Asian

Appeareance: Chinese officer uniform, Aged face, no beard, glasses, with a mauser and amunition pouch straqed to his side, has his war veteran badges worn on his officer's uniform, wears leather gloves, small scar on right cheek, always wears an officer's hat.

Items: .32 Mauser. Assault riffle rarely but sometimes used. .32 rounds. Clothes (see above). Food supplies (mostly fruits). and bottled water, always pure.

Skills: Small guns, Science, Computer

Back story: Born in the ruins of Baoding, China. He and his father lived a life of tragety. He and his father were the only ones in his family to survive after a raid in Bejing. He and his father had to figt for food. His father was military genius after training in defending the people of Bejing. He taught his son what he knew and they protected the civilians of the city and scavenged what little food they had. At the age of 21 his father was killed when Bejing was bombed bye Amrican survivors. The next year he was promoted to general of the guirrila force know as: PRDC (Peoples Republic of Democratic China) (fictional). At the age of 30 him and some of his comrades left for an attack of the ruins of San Diego, California. It was failed, the Americans dfeated them and he had to retreat and run. He was living in secrecy in San Diego, know one knowing he was a PRDC general. News reached him from a PRDC scout that there was a train leaving for Washington D.C., he needed to get their to report to tenpenny tower and tell them he was still alive. Little did he know that tenpenny tower was not under PRDC rule anymore, and under the communist ideal that china used to be before democracy was spread. After he discovered this he lived in random places in D.C. such as megaton, and rivet city. Until a Kindred raid told him he would not find peace and would have to fight for his peace and survival. This is how he ran into Ivor, they were both gunning down a kindred raid when they me eachother. General Tao is willing to teach Ivor military skills if they work together to defeat the Kindred.

(BTW he is a good guy, but somewhat distressed and makes some bad choices but usualy for the greater good)
Robert Devlin

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:52 am

ayaaxe backstory (revised): Born in Vault 106 but managed to escape during the confusion of the lunatic uprising. After his escape he began to hear aboutan organization that scavenged technology for a living, the Brotherhood of Steel. He quickly became a member, but joined the Brotherhood Outcasts during the mutiny. But soon his lust for technology grew to the point that even the Outcasts feared him. One day during a scavenging mission in Evergreen Pastures he broke both his legs he radioed for help but got no reply. He awoke one day in the disposal office with no memory. All he knew was his Nickname on his armor "axe" that he was a ghoul and that he loved technology. During his search for technology he discovered a badly wounded agent of the Mesa Kindred. For some reason he helped the poor wounded man who in return helped him join the kindred. He climbed the ranks until he became a commander. He remains that rank today.

Istrix: General Hong Tao will probably take the role of Ivor's mentor and friend.
Glu Glu

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:25 pm

thx, and nice revision of that other guys back round
emily grieve

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:15 pm

When is this going to start?
Loane

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:14 am

Soon as I get bases for the kindred.
Tiffany Castillo

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:37 am

Howdie Folks! Sorry I havn't been on. My computer has 37 bugs accourding to my virus scan! Alright first things first, here's an interesting character I found in my in-box:
Name: Codename: Juarez

Race: Cybernetic Organism

Appearance: Tall and tanned, Juarez stands at 6'5"
Items: Chinese Assault Rifle, 5.56 x300
Skills: Big guns, Repair, Unarmed

Back story: Unsure of his past, Juarez doesn't know his real name, his real age, what he looked like, or anything. All he remembers is being a (Good/Terrible choose one I honestly don't care) man. He was almost killed in the raid on "The Harbor" and woke up on an operating table. Someone yelled something and he was once again, put out cold. He woke up in the wasteland and saw a holo-tape on the ground. He played it and all it said was that his new name was Juarez and that he was "repaired" three years ago. (Good) He wandered the wastes for until he found a man. That man's name was Ivor, and he has followed him since. (Evil) Juarez stumbled through the wasteland and was eventually found by the Mesa Kindred, who trained him to become a Commander of their order.

Go ahead and choose if I'm good or evil. Doesn't matter to me.

and another
Name: Sally Jansen

Race: Human, Caucasian

Appearance: Very attractive, blonde hair tied back, sunglasses. She has a Merc Cruiser outfit

Items: Hunting rifle and .32 rounds, seven frag grenades, meat from various animals

Skills: Small Guns, Sneak and Explosives

Back story: Jansen learned to kill people from an early age. Raised in Paradise Falls, her pastimes included going out on slaving raids and picking off wildlife from the balcony of her room. After she 'forgot' to share the profits from one of the slaving raids with her compatriots, she fled and joined the Mesa Kindred for safety. She views every other living thing on the planet as less important than her, and will kill anything without a hint of remorse.

But fear-not my internet amigos I'll be getting a laptop soon. I'm just sick of this thing! :yuck:
Fiori Pra

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:57 am

I recently checked out Fallout 3 mods on youtube. Could someone post the requirements for the PC version? I'm thinking of getting the PC version for my Laptop. (Maybe I'll get GECK and make a Kindred Mod as the story progresses!)
Ross

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:07 pm

hey this starting soon? seems asa though its dead
Vahpie

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:02 pm

Name: Tiki Rasley
Race: Human, Polynesian

Appearance: A strong 5ft 11in with light build and tan brown skin. Currently wears Recon Armor and Helmet.

Items: Sniper Rifle, 10mm Submachine gun, Combat Knife, 60 Stimpacks(dont use them much), and 20 Bobby Pins

Skills: Small Guns, Sneak, Science

Back story: Tiki(Teekey) rised from and underground bunker with the Brotherhood of steel. At a young age, he began his Initiation to become a Knight. He, and several hundred of the Lyons faction marched into the Citadel which he calls home. After sometime in the DC ruins he loses his dogtags and his power armor and decides to ditch the brotherhood to make his own life as a mercenary. a highly skilled hacker and assasin.
Lexy Dick

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:16 am

I've decided to discontinue this. It's obvious that this has died a long time ago. Also I'm a bit of a lazy bast*rd so... yeah.

I may try this again when I become more organized...
Lizzie

Return to Fallout Series Discussion