Seducers

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:55 am

Well, I have some question after playing the Shivering Isle...

What is the relation between these Dark Seducers and Daedric Seducers. I thought they are the same, but... well... Can someone enlight me on this matter?
phil walsh

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:54 pm

The Mazken seem to be completely different. The "Dark Seducer" moniker is mentioned in game as being an insult given to them by the golden saints. So I would say they are not the same as the seducers from Daggerfall/Battlespire, and were just named that give them a recognizable name.

Bethesda didn't get too creative with new Daedra in Oblivion. The Aurorans and Knights of Order, which probably aren't really Daedra anyway, are about it.
Nick Swan

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:21 am

The Mazken seem to be completely different. The "Dark Seducer" moniker is mentioned in game as being an insult given to them by the golden saints. So I would say they are not the same as the seducers from Daggerfall/Battlespire, and were just named that give them a recognizable name.

Bethesda didn't get too creative with new Daedra in Oblivion. The Aurorans and Knights of Order, which probably aren't really Daedra anyway, are about it.

I thought the name was given to them by mortals.
Connor Wing

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:33 am

I thought the name was given to them by mortals.

Eh, maybe it was. I only played through SI once. The point still stands that they bare no resemblance to earlier incarnations of Seducers, in looks or in nature.
Nick Pryce

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:30 am

dremora look incredibly different than their previous incarnations, pre-mw. Possibly, it was an aesthetic ret-con. Now, as to why they behave differently, the dark seducers of SI are loyal to sheggers, and not mercenaries used by Dagon.

I, also, doubt that these creatures are the same, but for the sake of argument, I'm saying it's possible that they are.
Gemma Woods Illustration

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:52 am

I think the daedric seducer is the mercenary while the dark seducer is truly Sheogorath's minion. But I may be wrong though... who played Battlespire in this forum? I didn't finish it last time. As far as I know both type of seducers exist in the Battlespire.
Monika Fiolek

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:55 am

They'll bite your head off.
Neil

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:40 am

They'll bite your head off.

The Mazken or the Daedric Seducers? Or both :P?
Sunnii Bebiieh

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:44 am

Daggerfall had shapechanging Daedra Seducers.
Battlespire, for technical reasons, couldn't keep the shapechanging animation. (They went with hi-res sprites and it took too much video memory or something to store two sets of animation + the transformation animation for just one sprite set.) So, although they were still supposed to be capable to shapechange, throughout the game, they just don't happen to do it. In Battlespire, "Daedra Seducer" is used to designate those that are always in human shape, and "Dark Seducer" for those who are always in demon shape. Still in Battlespire, the Dark Seducers are Dagon's servants. Since Dagon is the Prince of Destruction, Brutality, and Being Not Subtle or sixy At All, his servants are in the shape that is the most pleasing to him: brutal and not subtle at all. The human-shaped Daedra Seducers are their own self, and give a greater importance to looking sixy and human-like.

Are the Daggerfall/Battlespire Seducers the same as the Mazken? Maybe. We could just say that Dark Seducers are Seducers in the employ of a Daedric Prince. Sheogorath is not necessarily big on having feral-looking servants with green-and-red wings, so Sheggy's Seducers are as we know them.
rolanda h

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:07 pm

Were the Seducers in Battlespire Sheogorath's?

Or just freelance Daedra?
M!KkI

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:28 am

I believe that there is at least a partial explanation http://www.imperial-library.info/interviews/si_interview.shtml.
Joie Perez

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:44 am

I believe that there is at least a partial explanation http://www.imperial-library.info/interviews/si_interview.shtml.

Yes, here;
Haskill, for a long time it was assumed that the Dark Seducers were minions of your Lord's unbrother Mehrunes Dagon. However, we find them here, in the Isles, dutifully guarding the lands of Dementia and they seem to have been doing so for a long time already. Have the loyalties of the Seducers always been this divided, or has the Mad God's charisma persuaded a few of these fine specimens to work in His service?

Haskill:
How typical. You mortals love to take a pebble of information and construct entire realms of conjecture upon it. Your lore of those disparate beings that you lump together as "daedra" is based on nothing -- lies and half-truths told by traitors, rebels, miscontents and weaklings who have had the misfortune to become involved with mortals. Or with Mehrunes Dagon. Do not speak his name to me again. The Master of Scum. The pawn of every Prince of true power, the dupe of every schemer in the Nineteen Voids. Do you think you know anything of the politics, factions, feuds, vendettas, wars of Oblivion? Do you think Oblivion such a simple place, that the tale of the loyalties of a great people such as the Mazken could be encompassed in a brief tale?

Okay, so now, why does Haskill hate Mehrunes?
Evaa

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:36 am

Thanks for the link!
Jani Eayon

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:01 pm

Yes, here;

because he is sheogoraths butler.
Tiff Clark

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:19 pm

Yes, here;

I'm speculating here, but maybe Mehrunes Dagon lacks subtlety; he would appear to some of the Princes such as Sheogorath as a thug who wants to destroy the Mundus, while they prefer mortals to exist as toys.
Amie Mccubbing

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:08 am

Were the Seducers in Battlespire Sheogorath's?

Or just freelance Daedra?
Aren't they all freelance daedra?
NAtIVe GOddess

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion