How were these made?

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:05 am

Do you remember the pictures illustrating different races in the Morrowind manual? Or the wallpaper?

Look at http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/wallpaper_brotherhood.htm.

How was it made? Poses in the game? Modelling program? The original body was made in segments. Is that how they did it?
Darlene Delk

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:01 am

I'd like to add I just want to make similar wallpapers, not wondering how THEY were made.
Ash

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:15 am

On first look I'd say this was puzzled together from different screenshots in photoshop. Proportions don't look right for a real pose!!! ;)

TheDaywalker :rock:
Roanne Bardsley

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:13 am

Curiosity; how would I make such a pose in Blender. I have no intention of using them in game.
Rhysa Hughes

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:37 am

I'd not do that in Blender!!! ;) You'd have to import all the single armor parts plus a better body mesh and head, rig all that to the bb armature or a custom one and pose the whole thing in pose mode. But as MW chars weren't made for such poses there will most obviously be a lot of clipping issues and other odd deforms. Best make some nice screens, cut out single bodyparts and put them on seperate layers in Photoshop or Gimp. Now you can transform them into any pose you like.

If you want to pose game chars, then Oblivion is the better coice, cause there are many good pose mods yet. ;)

TheDaywalker :rock:
Richard Dixon

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:51 am

...then Oblivion is the better coice...

I cringed.
Regardless, your proposed method sounds somewhat complicated. Any other concievable way?
cheryl wright

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:59 am

Here's what I would do:

1. Get the characters I want to have in the splash screens all set with their body meshes, garb, etc.
2. Make a nice interior cell for screenshots with solid color background.
3. Use the different modder made player animation files and take lots of screenshots.
4. Take the good screenshots and do a psd file with just the character and all the rest cut out and made alpha channel
5. Paste the character on the final background.
Dawn Porter

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:45 am

That would involve making an animation, which is probably beyond my league. Prove me different?
Nick Jase Mason

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:32 pm

That would involve making an animation, which is probably beyond my league. Prove me different?

There are several good alternate NPC animation resource packs. :)
Anna Krzyzanowska

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:45 am

I'm afraid that won't do :(
Is the creation of single frame animations difficult?
Neliel Kudoh

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:46 am

I'm afraid that won't do :(
Is the creation of single frame animations difficult?

LOL, sorry but I don't think there is anything like Poser for Morrowind. Consider my suggestion, it may work well for you. :)
Benito Martinez

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:21 am

If you want to pose a character in Blender, just for a simple screenshot, you must first import the animation skeleton. No actual animation file is needed, I guess, if you're not bringing it back into the game. Second, you'll have to import each individual body part into the same scene with the skeleton. So you'll need the chest, greaves, any arm or leg pieces under the armor, etc.. The third step is complicated: You'll have to rig the meshes onto the skeleton with weight painting. Once all the parts are weighted, you'll be able to pose the character by manipulating the bones. Then just set up a background color, a light to illuminate the meshes, and a camera. It'll look different than if you posed it in Morrowind, though, the lighting is much different in Blender than in the MW engine.

OR, I suppose you could convert each body part mesh into a static object and pose it in the Construction Set, following redwoodtreesprite's suggestion of a blank room.. :shrug: Then it'd look consistent with Morrowind.
matt white

Return to III - Morrowind