Creatia

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:27 pm

What's creatia? And what can you do with it? Where is it? And where can i read about it? Thanks in advance.
kasia

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:17 pm

Shorthand definition: raw mythic energy

But that didn't really help me at all when I heard it, so when more clever people give you better explanations, refer back to this.
jenny goodwin

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:28 am

Magicka, basically. The base of all creation.
Adam Baumgartner

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:21 pm

Of course it's a bit deeper than that. Why not just call Magicka Creatia then? Like Paws said, its raw mythic energy that went into Creation in general, from the Mundus to Oblivion. I'm sure someone will come and put my explanation to shame, but Ill take a crack at it anyway.

It originates from Aetherius, where the Aedra reside. Some, if not all, Towers harvest Creatia from Aetherius, thereby stabilizing Creation and the Wheel itself. A major controversy that will probably come up in the future is that the Ayleids created their own Wheel in the form of White-Gold Tower and the towers around it; a "weapon" like this could do something horrible; what that "horrible something" is is up to debate. It's easy to determine that it would probably be bad, if not catastrophic.
Antonio Gigliotta

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:33 pm

I thought the word and context was pretty self-explanatory.
REVLUTIN

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:24 pm

I thought the word and context was pretty self-explanatory.

Yeah, i guess you are right, i mean it's called "Creatia" after all, which obviously implies that it originates from Aetherius, and that it's a raw mythic energy, Creation stabilizer, that the Daedra used for the creation of their realms. So sorry, my bad... :rolleyes:

ANYWAY, what's it relation with the Aedra? Did they create it?
Krista Belle Davis

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:33 pm

ANYWAY, what's it relation with the Aedra? Did they create it?

It was before they were even around. I can't recall if the et'ada came from it though...
Rachyroo

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:37 am

Yeah, i guess you are right, i mean it's called "Creatia" after all, which obviously implies that it originates from Aetherius, and that it's a raw mythic energy, Creation stabilizer, that the Daedra used for the creation of their realms. So sorry, my bad... :rolleyes:

Well, yes, that's pretty much what the passage that uses the term says:

Cultivating creatia that washed into the Void from Aetherius became the rule among Stones.

The Daedric Realms were formed on much the same principle: padomaic powers using aetherial refuse to build their void-territories. The Towers built on the Mundus, since the lands around them congealed in the absence of the gods, were unable to match the capriciousness of the Lords of Misrule.

There's more information in nearby passages, but that's the gist of it. And it is the only place where the word even appears anyway...
REVLUTIN

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:17 pm

And Magnus spoke!

Lo, his words were pure atomos, the thought of the world made substance! With a whisper, words became dimensional planes, rampant and un-bound by methods of law. The remnants of Padomay entered flux through the dreaming-sleeve of Magnus' mind, to leave un-prepared for emptiness before him, a microscopic prism whose light radiated in new form! Creatia!

But the meeting was torn asunder, and as the melted void opened multiple liminal holes into the aether, Magnus fled the disagreements of tangled minds and happen-chance speech! No more would he lend his unnullifying-mindthoughts to there discourse, and chaos reigned. Those who remained were unguided and confused, distraught, seeing now that this Magicka, this new component of Creatia, must they on their own use to render thought-worlds into plane-worlds.

And that is my take on it. straind my english to the limits, if i dont say.
Rachell Katherine

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion