[WIP] SoulStones - Cross between Sigil Stones and Soul Gems

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:34 pm

It's an interesting idea--I say go for it if you can; just make the spell rather expensive and high-level to cast. Mysticism seems like a good school for it, and give it some side effects, like maybe instead of getting a soul-stone, your transfer a part of your soul to the enemy, damaging your health by a certain amount and healing the enemy. I mean, what's stopping me from casting the spell on every monster I meet and getting my pack loaded with cool soul-stones that are probably worth quite a pretty penny?
Miranda Taylor

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:43 pm

It's an interesting idea--I say go for it if you can; just make the spell rather expensive and high-level to cast. Mysticism seems like a good school for it, and give it some side effects, like maybe instead of getting a soul-stone, your transfer a part of your soul to the enemy, damaging your health by a certain amount and healing the enemy. I mean, what's stopping me from casting the spell on every monster I meet and getting my pack loaded with cool soul-stones that are probably worth quite a pretty penny?

Well getting empty SoulStones is not going to be easy (in fact that will be the limiting factor for sure).

Aside from that, I Imagine a mult-level "Soul's Power". At low level it has a small chance to successfully transfer the soul to your empty soulstone and it will have massive drawbacks to cast (damage health/magicka/fatigue). If the soul is transffered it has a low chance of being a high level soul.

Higher level spells have better chance to succeed and yeild higher level SoulStones, but still have massive penalties to cast.

-dan
adame

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:37 pm

SoulStones beta V002 is ready for testing
http://www.mediafire.com/?mydqzyiuzna

20 Leveled types of SoulStones added (only one level of each type at the moment from petty to grand)
14 Unique SoulStones addedd - No Quests yet, that is the next push.

Complete Stats list for all the leveled type SoulStones is available in the spreadsheet.

Questions I am still trying to work out, I would appriciate your input
1) Should Critical Strike be changed from 10% of enemy base HP to a factor of your skill in the weapon being used?
2) Is bash too overpowered for 2H blunt or underpowered for 1H Sword/Bow?
3) Should I add Empty Soul stones and a Capture Spirit spell so you can get your own "Standard Soulstones"?
4a) Should Increase Weapon/Bow... Script name be stripped from the weapon after it is applied.
4b) Same for Mystic Weapon, or should they both keep showing up so you know what is on the weapon.

From the readme
SoulStone Beta V002Requires OBSE 18b4+20 Leveled types of SoulStones added (only one level of each type at the moment from petty to grand)14 Unique SoulStones addedd - No Quests yet, that is the next push.Complete Stats list for all the leveled type SoulStones is available in the spreadsheet.NEW EFFECTS ADDEDStacking Effect - Effects Stack with each hit until the last one times out.  Then they resetStack Burden - Stack Drain Att (AGIL, END, INT, SPD, STR, WIL)Stack Weakness to MagicNew Scripted EffectsCritical Strike - Percent Chance to do 10% of Enemies Base HPDamage Undead - Deals X Damage to Undead types with chance to release the bound soul (kill the undead unit)Damage Daedra - Deals X Damage to Daedra/Dremora with chance to send them back to Oblivion (if you aren't in oblivion already)Damage Creature - Deals X Damage to Creatures of Type (Creature, Humanoid, or Giant)Damage NPC - Deals X Damage to NPC that are not Undead, Dremora, Golden Saint, Sheogorath, or VampireSever Nexus - Deals X Damage to player Magicka, Damages Target random damage from 0 to XBash - Chance to damage targets fatigue completely (minimum 100).  Blunts have higher Chance that Blade/Bow, 2H have greater chance than 1H, The heavier the greater the chanceBandit - Steals gold from your enemies (not really, it creates gold), with a chance to increase your bounty Black Widows Bite - Chance for female player to Kill male NPC on hitDamage Player Health (on Strike) - Using the weapon damages player's healthDamage Player Fatigue (on Strike) - Using the weapon damages player's FatigueWeapon ModifiersIncrease Weapon/Bow/Blunt/Blade Speed by X percentIncrease Weapon/Bow/Blunt/Blade Damage by X percentMystic Weapon - Does not require magicka chargeWeapon on Equip EffectsAll posible effects that can be added to clothing enchantments can be added to weapons.  Drain and Fortify Attributes/Skills.  Damage or Restore Fatigue/Health/Mana, sheild, whatever.  Only some are used of course.These effects do not use the OnEquip and onUnEquip so there is no problem with OBSE scripts that equip/unequip your items.List of Standard SoulStones - Leveled from Petty to GrandBalrog - TARGET: Lots of Fire Damage USER: fire damageDaedroth - TARGET: Fire Damage, USER: Resist Fire, Weakness ShockGiant - TARGET: Burden, Burden Stack, Stack Drain Speed USER: Damage Fatigue*Minator - TARGET: Frost Damage, Disintegrate Armor, Bash WEAPON: Increase Blunt DamagePaladin - TARGET: Damage Undead, Fire Damage, Stack Drain Strength, Absorb Blunt, USER: Drain Speed*Rat - TARGET: Stack Drain STR, END, INT, WIL, Stack Weakness to Magic USER: Fort Speed, Drain INTSpider - TARGET: Paralyze, Stack Drain SPD, END, Damage Fatigue   USER: Drain WILWarlock - TARGET: Massive Magic Damage USER: Damage Health on each useNecroMancer - TARGET: Shock Damage, Disintegrate Armor,Disintegrate Weapon, Absorb Willpower, USER: Weak ShockHunter - TARGET: Frost Damage, Damage Creature WEAPON: increase Bow Speed, Increase Bow Damage : User Drain EnduranceSoldier - TARGET: Damage health, Critical Strike, Mystic Weapon WEAPON: increase Weapon Speed, Increase Weapon Damage USER: Drain INT WILSwordMan - TARGET: Damage health, Critical Strike, Mystic Weapon WEAPON: increase Blade Speed, Increase Blade Attack Damage USER: Drain INTBosmer Archer - TARGET: Damage health, Critical Strike, Mystic Weapon WEAPON: increase Bow Speed, Increase Bow Attack Damage USER: Drain EndHead Thumper - TARGET: Damage health, Bash, Mystic Weapon WEAPON: increase Blunt Speed, Increase Blunt Attack Damage USER: Drain SpdBarbarian - TARGET: Frost Damage, Sever Nexus, WEAPON: increase Weapon Speed, USER: Drain WILDruegh - TARGET: Shock Damage, Absorb health User: Resist MagicBloodLust - TARGET: Fire Damage WEAPON: increase Weapon Speed, Increase Weapon Damage, Mystic Weapon USER: Weakness to Weapon, Weakness to Magic, Damage FatigueSeptim Prince - TARGET: Shock Damage, Damage Daedra/Dremora WEAPON: increase Weapon Speed  USER: Fort Per Dam Mag (levels Prince Princess Count Countess Duke)Assassin - TARGET: Damage health, Stack Weakness Magic, Damage NPC WEAPON : Increase Weapon Damage USER: Drain End, sTRTroll - TARGET: Damage Health WEAPON: increase Weapon Speed, USER: Restore Health, Damage Magicka, Weakness FireList of Special Soul StonesSpecial Swordman - Frandar Hunding*Special NecroMancer - N'Gasta*Special Paladin - Viator Jarol*Special Septim - Amiel Septim*Special NONE - Bandit Thief*Special Assassin - the Punisher (good & Evil)Special Hunter - Sergius Liore (Imperial)Special Head Thumper - Shamob gro-Dragol(Orc)Special Bosmer Archer - Distel Camoran (female)special Barbarian - Kjeld the Bloody (nord)*Special NPC Damage - The Black WidowSpecial Soldier - Nerevar Indoril (Dunner)Special Warlock - Uradras VianSpecial Bloodlust - Vistha-Kai (Argonian Male)Notes:Special effect with "*" have a backstory/Quest ideas, If you have an interesting idea for placement/Quest for any of the others I would love to hear about itThis mod automatically calculates the value of the weapon independent of the magic balancing system.If you disable this mod, you will not lose your weapons enchanted by this mod, but you will lose all the scripted effects even if you re-enable the mod.  The names will still be on the weapons, they just won't tie into any scripts. Note for Damage Daedra - Time is not for damage time, but for fade time.  Damage is on hit onlyNo quests are added at this point, but at startup you will get 2 copies of each SoulStone added to your inventory for testingThe Display name of the effects on the weapons is a bit confusing because OBlivion adds "on hit" or "for x sec" to each name, so . . .If the Name Starts with "On Equip" That effect is added when you equip the weapon.If the Name Starts with "Increase" that effect is applied when the weapon is created, NOT ON HITIf the Name is "Mystic Weapon 1" This means the weapon does not take weapon charge to useIf the Name starts with "Damage Player", you are going to take that much damage on EACH TIME YOU USE THE WEAPON.If anyone knows a way around this naming problem I would love to hear about it The Debug mode is set to test things that I think need testing.  When enchanting a weapon with a SoulStone it will only show a message if there is an error.  Please check the console after enchanting a weapon and report any errors.  When using a weapon that has a custom script, it should print out info every hit.  If you could periodically check this and make sure it looks right on different types of enemies that would be great.  I have tested each type when creating the script and tried to test them all once when everything was finished but I may have overlooked something.Balance could be VERY BAD for some types (assassin comes to mind at the moment).  Report back on your opinions please.Questions - 1) Should Critical Strike be changed from 10% of enemy base HP to a factor of your skill in the weapon being used?2) Is bash too overpowered for 2H blunt or underpowered for 1H Sword/Bow?3) Should I add Empty Soul stones and a Capture Spirit spell so you can get your own "Standard Soulstones"?4a) Should Increase Weapon/Bow... Script name be stripped from the weapon after it is applied.  4b) Same for Mystic Weapon, or should they both keep showing up so you know what is on the weapon.

Javier Borjas

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:43 am

Bump! This really sounds like a great mod. Is it still being developed?

BTW the download link for the beta is down, maybe upload it to TESNexus so it doesn't get lost again?
Sun of Sammy

Previous

Return to IV - Oblivion